questions for CBR riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: questions for CBR riders

I commute about the same and have no pains. The stands are great for maintenance, but the bike looks really cool on stands in the shop, cool points for when folks come over!!

Old 07-21-2006, 02:38 PM

when I first got mine my butt hurt like hell after an hour, but now I don't hurt at all after 3.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:01 PM

im 6ft 4 and commute on my rr (on one wheel) the 600f is more of a tourer, so get the bike you want, hurt for a few days after i got it but now i go all day sometimes and just a little stiff at the end. 07 cbr600rr will be similar looking to 06 just different paintjobs but will have 2006 R6 style fly by wire throttle and such electrononsense gizmos so get a 06 when they start flogging the 07s and grab a big discount.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ashcbr600rr

the 600f is more of a tourer, so get the bike you want, hurt for a few days after i got it but now i go all day sometimes and just a little stiff at the end. No they are not tourer bikes. If they were tourer bikes they would put a tourer tire on it and they put the same tire thats on your oh so extreme RR. Your bike has 7 more horsepower stock, to me thats a hair of a difference.

07 cbr600rr will be similar looking to 06 just different paintjobs but will have 2006 R6 style fly by wire throttle and such electrononsense gizmos so get a 06 when they start flogging the 07s and grab a big discount.
[/quote]

You cant say that, They dont come out till sept. and everyone is just taking guesses on whats coming out.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:39 PM

er, im in england 7 or so miles from swindon (Honda bike factory) where my friend is actually involved with the 07 rr and the 600f has a different riding position akin to a sports tourer which is easier on the wrists and neck oh and the pocket as they are cheaper to insure, good for commuting!

Old 08-03-2006, 06:45 AM

Hi, new member - but just saw ashcbr600rr's comments and had to laugh and put things right. First of all, either you're full of rubbish, incredibly gullible and your 'mate' is fictional!!

Swindon only manufactures the Honda CR-V and Civic CARS for the European, American and Japanese markets, plus their respective engines. All manufacturing of Honda supersport bikes (such as the RR range, Blackbird etc) takes place in Japan, as well as all development on new supersport machines. Other bikes in the range, such as the CBF commuter range, are manufactured in Italy and Brazil. So get your facts straight!!!

No-one in the public knows what the new 07RR will be like as Honda have a knack for embargoing information before the official release date of their new bikes. There's been much speculation, but nothing for definate. And don't base your information on MCN, as they generally photoshop their 'new' images of 07 bikes.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Pegscraper

Hi, new member - but just saw ashcbr600rr's comments and had to laugh and put things right. First of all, either you're full of rubbish, incredibly gullible and your 'mate' is fictional!!

Swindon only manufactures the Honda CR-V and Civic CARS for the European, American and Japanese markets, plus their respective engines. All manufacturing of Honda supersport bikes (such as the RR range, Blackbird etc) takes place in Japan, as well as all development on new supersport machines. Other bikes in the range, such as the CBF commuter range, are manufactured in Italy and Brazil. So get your facts straight!!!

No-one in the public knows what the new 07RR will be like as Honda have a knack for embargoing information before the official release date of their new bikes. There's been much speculation, but nothing for definate. And don't base your information on MCN, as they generally photoshop their 'new' images of 07 bikes.

THANK YOU!!!!

As for the cheaper thing, Wasnt the F4i like 400 bucks cheaper. Wow what a dramatic drop from a superbike to a tourer. I just think its funny when I pull up to RR's on my tourer and beat them in a race. Really pisses them off.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:30 PM

looks folks.... It won't have 200 HP, fly, or have laser guns on the handle bars. It will be a motorcyle with new styling and some refined parts, that's all. From all the speculation, one would think the new 07 would stop a world war! Maybe it will?

Old 08-03-2006, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: discohouse

It won't ....have laser guns on the handle bars.
Son of a Bitch!!!!! So i have been waiting all this time and to be let down like this!

For your questions....
1) 35 miles is a walk in the park on a RR if your in even a decent physical condition.
2) probably not
3) Is it necessary NO does it help Certainly i have done all my mods without a stand and did just fine. but when you choose a full fairing bike that's the **** you have to face.
4) no, if your in a full tuck doing 100+ then it will help block the wind and let it go over your helmet and down your back rather then directly into your chest.
5) In theory they SHOULD be revamping the bike. But there is nothing set in stone cause even though it would **** off and dissapoint tons of people they could just slap new plastics on and call it good.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:52 PM

God I think Dthompson is a little bitter about the rr or something. The truth is my friend the f4i is a more comfortable bike to ride,but the RR is a faster bike!! STOCK THAT IS!!! for some reason you always want to slam the RR! why dont you play in the f4i section?

Quick Reply: questions for CBR riders