CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Question: 600rr brake light (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/question-600rr-brake-light-53323/)

DeeQcbr 11-01-2007 05:32 PM

Question: 600rr brake light

Hi everyone,
I just bought an 05 600rr . My brake light doesnt light up when i step on the rear brake , did i burn a fuse or something ?!?

Thanks .

sixhundredrr 11-01-2007 05:38 PM

RE: Question: 600rr brake light

ORIGINAL: DeeQcbr

Hi everyone,
I just bought an 05 600rr . My brake light doesnt light up when i step on the rear brake , did i burn a fuse or something ?!?

Thanks .

Do you have the key on? It won't light up w/o the key on. Now, if it still doesn't light, you have a problem and should check fuses for burned out ones. I believe the box is beneath your seat. If you did blow a fuse, it could be a sign of a bigger problem like a short in the wiring or improper installation of an A/M taillamp. Let us know what you find.

patas75 11-01-2007 05:53 PM

Do you have aftermarket rearsets? If so you may have to get a hydraulic switch to get it to light up. Aftermarket rearsets usually get rid of the brake light switch.

skical 11-01-2007 05:56 PM

You say "The Rear Brake". What happens with the Front Brake???

TXCBR07 11-01-2007 07:23 PM

Sounds to me like the small spring underneath the rear brake pedal might have slipped off. Look underneath and you'll see where a small spring connects with your brake pedal. Same thing happened to me - it's a quick fix.

DeeQcbr 11-01-2007 09:50 PM

key on and still doesnt light up . The front brake work fine.
Aftermarket Interated tail .. Whats a hydraulic switch ??
Ill check the spring , fues, hydraulic switch tomorrow when i install my frame sliders.
Thanks for all the comments guys [sm=smiley20.gif]

meanstrk 11-02-2007 11:50 AM

You need to adjust the brake light switch for the rear brake then.

baxsom 11-02-2007 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

seems common for the at least the 07 600rr. i have read more than one posts (mine included) where that has happened. just turn the plastic screw holding the rear brake switch on the stock rearset until the brake comes on when you want it to

btw a hydrolic switch takes the place of the oem one where the switch recognizes hydrolic pressure and completes the circuit

TXCBR07 11-02-2007 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

seems common for the at least the 07 600rr. i have read more than one posts (mine included) where that has happened. just turn the plastic screw holding the rear brake switch on the stock rearset until the brake comes on when you want it to

btw a hydrolic switch takes the place of the oem one where the switch recognizes hydrolic pressure and completes the circuit

I had to do that same thing this morning before heading out in fact. Glad I'm in the habit of checking everything. Guess the MSF training really sticks!