Honda CBR 600rr 03-04 Need help with Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Honda CBR 600rr 03-04 Need help with Fairing

Hello Guys,

I bought this KEMiMOTO Motorcycle Fairing Bolt Screw Fastener Fixation for Honda and I don't know how to install to my Honda CBR 600rr 2003-2004, because I took off the fairings and now I don't know, what, where it belongs. Have any of you the tutorial (video, pictures) how I can do it?

Old 03-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey kev, you might need to use the fiche (exploded diagrams) to try and sort out where each fastener goes. They have them on bikebandit or cmsnl

Since the picture of the bolt kit looks generic (ie, we don't know exactly what came in your kit) it's kind of 'blind leading blind' on our end

Generally:
-the rubber nut inserts go around the windshield to keep it from cracking when tightened.
-The 2-part black plastic push buttons will go on the belly pan and other places where they aren't visible
-The 6mm panhead bolts will be for the side panels and other places where it's important to look nice, and they will use those insert washers to keep from scratching up the plastic and to help with alignment. Keep an eye on length, since you don't want to use a long bolt where a short bolt should go
-The threaded j-clips will be used for connecting two plastic panels, but I don't think you'd see too many on your bike (could be wrong)
-It helps to count what you have and match washers to bolts beforehand

It's probably a bit late for advice but it helps to use ziploc bags to store the fasteners next time, and use a baggy for each panel

Hope that helps