OMG....riding is addictive!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG....riding is addictive!!!

well guys today was officially my first day of riding!!!!!

OMG i started at 12pm im NOW home and its 11 pm at night

LOL i went everywhere.....this machine hauls *** man!!! i love it WOW

riding is my drug, and im hooked lol....

it was a great ride....although i feel like such a noob...so many other bikes passing me and with a whole bunch of mods....and here i am with my stock 600rr lol

i dont care nor do i mind, eventually i will do things to it but on the mean time i am satisfied...lol

MY UPPER BODY IS KILLING ME THOUGH!!! LOL MY ARMS, UPPER SHOULDER, NECK, LOL I HAD A HEADACHE! LOL LMAO OMG I LOVE IT GUYS

IM RIDING BY MYSELF FOR THE MOMENT... I DONT REALLY HAVE ANY FRIENDS WITH BIKES BUT THAT WILL PROBABLY CHANGE SINCE A COUPLE OF THEM SAW ME ON MINE....

OHH BY THE WAY, THE BIKE IS DUSTY AND DIRTY, WHATS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN IT? THANKS IN ADVANCED!

Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember the feeling well from soooooo long ago
Take it steady, mods will come, so will improvement in skills.
Ride at your own pace.

Best addictive drug you can buy without a prescription...............
from your local Honda stealership.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:14 PM
BZL

I just recently started riding on friends bikes (never owned my own) and def. know that feeling your experiencing. Have fun and keep it safe.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 PM

agreed 100%

Old 05-31-2010, 01:42 PM

Congrats on your new bike. It is a great feeling but don't overdue it like a 6 year old playing the same song 20 times in a row. You know what I mean, moderation will help your riding experience and its longevity.

Anyway, don't wash your bike like a car spraying water everywhere. If it is truely dirty limit your use of spraying water. Once you give it a good cleaning you should wipe it down with one of the polishing sprays like Honda Polish after each ride. The bugs are still soft and will come off easily. There are many different brands of spray polish sold at the motorcycle shop. While your there get a can of chain wax. Clean your chain with wd 40 and finish washing your bike. Ride it a few miles long enough to get the chain warm, bring it home and spray it with a good coat of chain lube. It will dry and not make a mess throwing chain lube everywhere. Relube it about every 500 miles.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tanrush
Congrats on your new bike. It is a great feeling but don't overdue it like a 6 year old playing the same song 20 times in a row. You know what I mean, moderation will help your riding experience and its longevity.

Anyway, don't wash your bike like a car spraying water everywhere. If it is truely dirty limit your use of spraying water. Once you give it a good cleaning you should wipe it down with one of the polishing sprays like Honda Polish after each ride. The bugs are still soft and will come off easily. There are many different brands of spray polish sold at the motorcycle shop. While your there get a can of chain wax. Clean your chain with wd 40 and finish washing your bike. Ride it a few miles long enough to get the chain warm, bring it home and spray it with a good coat of chain lube. It will dry and not make a mess throwing chain lube everywhere. Relube it about every 500 miles.
+1 to not spraying water everywhere. They are water tight or else we wouldnt be able to ride in rain but its still best to keep as much out. As far as cleaning it i clean mine once every week to 1.5 weeks. I ride mine daily so a wipe down would take alot of time.

I use this ultra shine from amor all. It works really well with taking dirt and grime off and also leaves a okay shine.

For waxing i use FW1. Tis stuff is great. I found it at a gas station when some guy started cleaning my wifes window. lol. Its easy to work with and doesnt leave the white residue in porus areas that some waxes leave behind. I do a deep cleaning once every 6 months where i take the fairings off and use a hose to wash them front and back as well as get engine gunk off and such.

For my chain i use chain wax because it doesnt fling onto your fairings. For a chain cleaner i use kerosene on a rag and wipe it I wouldnt use WD40 on my chain as a people have debated wether it is o-ring safe. So it may dry out your o-rings and wear your chain faster. I havent done any tests to see if it does but if there are reasons to doubt why risk it?

Check out the detailing section for much more info on cleaning your bike. Some good help is in there.

Anyways congrats on your bike. I still get that feeling everyday i ride. I just got my newest bike (09 Phoenix) with 0 miles 1.5 months ago and already have 2100 miles on it.

Have fun and be safe.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:30 PM

I know what you mean man! There's no feeling that can compare to riding. Congrats on the new bike too!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM

I remember that same feeling the first time i got my first bike out on the road, my body killed me the next day but i was ready for it again. i never ridden anything with two wheels until i bought my first honda cbr f4. take it slow and the skills will come with time. to clean it i shower mine in water. i use mothers motorcycle soap and mothers motorcycle wash and the stuff works great... just remember to keep that chain nice and lubed after every wash