The Official Helibars Tracstar review

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Official Helibars Tracstar review

Hey guys,
I know I did a lot of research on these bars before I actually purchased, and unfortunately- information and reviews are incredibly hard to find on the internet unless you're on Helibars' website and, surprise surprise, they don't show you any of the pro's and cons of the bars.

First and foremost, I have a 2007 CBR600RR, bone stock with 3,502 miles on it. I've been riding for three years now, and I've only ever ridden Honda, so I can't tell you how these bars will effect your ZX6, your R6, etc.

I ordered the bars on a Friday afternoon, and the following Wednesday they were at my doorstep from UPS. Helibars gave me an account number and tracking number within two days, and even updated the status of the bars on a Saturday, which was pretty cool- Customer service was awesome.

The bars come with pretty easy and straightforward directions, so installation was really easy, although I still might write up a "How To:" on them because I found their instructions a little unnecessary. However, my little brother stripped the screw that held in my throttle assembly, so I had to drill out the screw and put a new one in, so it took us about 2.5 hours to do it (it should take about an hour with one person).

After we got everything put back together and lined up, all I can say is wow. These things are awesome. If somebody else was looking at the bike, they would never know that it had new bars, they're black and they look stock. They utilize ALL of the stock lines, bolts, etc, and also use the stock bar end weights. Everything looks so clean, it's amazing. I took them out around the block, and the first thing it reminded me of was riding an F4i. You still have that nice sportbike feel, but you're not leaning over the tank so much or finding yourself putting weight on your wrists.

I know there is a big question about how risers help or hurt handling. I don't know about Woodcraft, Vortex, or any of those brands, but these don't seem to effect handling at all. The bars are 1 3/4'' higher and come back about 5/8'', and I didn't notice much of a change. At first, it took some getting used to, but it doesn't feel very different anymore. I took it through the twisties on Sunday afternoon and they felt great, definitely didn't hurt handling at all (but like I said, don't throw them on then go whip around your favorite corners.. it takes some getting used to). I almost lowsided on the cold ground with the extra bit of leverage the bars give, but that was my own fault.

All around, I'd say A+ product. I can't find one thing that I didn't like about them. If you have any questions that I might have not answered, ask on here or PM me and I'll be more than happy to answer questions you might have! I know info for these is hard to find for us tall guys, so I'll be a source!

FYI: I'm 6'2'', and 185 pounds and that's what I'm basing my review off of.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM

youre the same size as me... i thought that being uncomfortable on a sportbike was just a thing that came along with the territory. some pictures would be nice. this thread has my complete attention now haha

Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
Lol. I know. I'll get on it. I just haven't seen my bike in a day. I meant to say I'd put up pics when I got them

Thanks for all the signs, ***!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by baxter1
youre the same size as me... i thought that being uncomfortable on a sportbike was just a thing that came along with the territory. some pictures would be nice. this thread has my complete attention now haha
Haha, yeahhh. It does come with the territory, and like I said, I'll get pics up. I'll do it later today! If you want these you better get on it though, they're going out of production.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 AM

So, pics are coming since I had the bike out this weekend. Let me give you an update:

1. I rode 204 miles yesterday.
2. Twisty roads, straight roads, highways, and city streets.
3. I won't tell you how fast, but I was in the country with no speed limit, and I was..cruising.
4. These things make ALL the difference, yet no difference.

I kept up with everybody through the twisties. So, everybody who tells you these effect handling, shut up. The only part of me that hurt was my neck, from holding up a helmet in high wind all day. My arms, back, core, and wrists didn't hurt even a little. These are DEFINITELY worth the investment if you can find a set. 110%.