not sure what to do...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not sure what to do...

I just got rid of my 05 636, and im getting the new cbr..i called a dealer in a town that i trust better then theone im in..i told them iwant the black.. but the dealer doesnt have it in black, they said they could have one for me next week. the guys name is mike and he was really cool. i guess someone bought an 07, white, and then brought it back for some reason. it is considered used he said. not sure how many miles.. but he said its still in show room condition.. im going to go there sat and find out why they traded it in.. and how much of a deal they could work for me.. they can't charge me full price because it is considered used... so i think i might go with the white..

should i? or just go with a brand new black one...the only reason im leaning towards the white one is because if it has the right amount of miles and its passed break in stage then i wont have to waste my time..

Old 08-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Default RE: not sure what to do...

It's up to you but you never know how that person treated it on the break in stage. It's a chance you got to take. The deal will be better and I would probly go with the white one.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:33 PM

plus one on that comment.... deal will DEFINITELY be better... but you're doing the right thing to at least inquire about what the deal was with the bike that made the person bring it back so soon. Who know's maybe you luck out and the person just wanted a moped instead or got scared of the power or something?!?!?

Old 08-22-2007, 11:05 PM

If its used. With ultra low miles and prestine condition, you are looking at a minimum of $500 of a deal on a new one. Also, you wont pay feight or setup on a used one, which is about $700 total. You will only have to pay (dont have to but will try to get you for) a UVC (Used Vechicle Certification/Check). A max on that is about $400.

On a retail deal you are looking at:

$9499 Bike
$474 Setup
$375 Shipping
$1098 TTTLD (Tax Tag Title License Dock)

$11446 OTD

On a USED deal (Used Retail Deal worst case scenario) your looking at about:
$8999 Bike
$400 UVC
$983 TTTLD
$10382 OTD for a Used

KEEP IN MIND!!!! These are both retail deals, but this is about what you will expect to see the first time they show you numbers. This is also based on Florida tax an a $299 Dock fee. So it may be a little more or less. Tax here is 6.5%. But I would tell them if they can get you at $9000 OTD on the used one, youll take it (or as close as they can get to it) and those are based off my numbers as well. What ever that shoot you, shoot about $1000-$1300 less. And always start shooting the bigger number first. The more they take off the more you save.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:46 PM

I think even if it's new that as time goes by you'll be like ...$%^$%....$%^$%.....$%^$%....should of gone with black. Being cheap to try to save a few $100 might not be too good in the long run.

You might end up like that guy that started the thread....Deos anyone else Hate their bike.

I'd say go with the color that you absolutely love/want then go for the pricing.

I'd hate my bike too if I had pick the wrong look/color/image/etc.

But I didn't, I picked black

Old 08-23-2007, 12:23 AM

thats what happened when i was with kawasaki.. i picked the orange red color.. even though i reallly wanted grey... after a bit of a low side on my lawn i painted the bike green.. then i got pissed cuz it was a waste of money i painted it grey... i was happy.. then i got sent to a different state where i couldn't ride motorcylces because of the military's stupid rules.. but now all is well and i sold the 636... COME ON CBR

Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 AM

you low sided on your lawn? were you doing donuts or something? I would say check out the white one, if you can find out who brought it back and call him (although i dout the dealer will give you that info) and ask HIM why he brought it back. because the dealer might say it was because it was the wrong color or he didnt like sport bikes but it may realy have been because the bike was a lemon.

when i was looking for a use bike i wanted a black CBR and ended up with a red one and i am happy with that color. but i know how buying a new toy is, you should get what you want because you might regret it later.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:57 AM

look at it this way . was Black your first choice and white a close second ? or just white ? you sould be able to get that bike fro less then 8,600 thats what they gave me for mine ( before the TTL) so it being used .. they sould probly ask about 8K or less .. so dont get your hopes up on a super low price.... just ask them how much they want for the black one . then ask about the used white one .. i really wanted the red and black one . but i ended up with the white one .. and i'm super happy . i'm one of the only ones in my area with the white one . and its not just white . its a pearl white with a bit of a sparkel . a picture will never show its really color! this thing glows when its just been cleaned and sitting in the sun light !!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 AM

I'm not even going to go into the technicalities of the posability of a complete "know-nothing-noob" riding it through the break in period... just don't settle on a color!! I did, and i'm kicking myself. If you wanted black, bite the bullet, wait the week and get the black! just my $0.02