The New Rizoma Zero-11's

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008 | 10:01 PM
Default RE: The New Rizoma Zero-11's

they don't sell the old ones anymore? wow, so i guess that makes our bikes collector's items...kinda

Old 04-20-2008 | 10:34 PM
|

And you also learned that you cannot use them as running lights. A costly lesson, but now you know.
We all know, and I wanted it that way so no one else runs into the same issue I had.

Question for you Fox... Would you have tried to connect them as running lights? I ambetting you would have because it looks better and that is the way the bike is supposed to function.I will figure this out one way or another. On another note, I was out riding tonight, and I am pleased at how bright the signals are.

Yes, they do come with instructions, and basically it shows the turn signal assembly witha positive and negative wire, and they are pretty cheesy.

**One other thing I wanted to add is that in fine print on the outside of the turn signal housing, it says 12v 13w. That is another reason I originally thought it would be ok to run it without the converter.

Old 04-21-2008 | 11:59 AM

well, i blame Rizoma!!

Old 04-25-2008 | 06:30 PM
|

Hey guys, I finished installing the turn signals. Here are some pics of them on the bike. Also, since these pics were taken, I removed the signals and returned to the stock signals so that I could have running lights. The Rizomas are beautiful, but you have to fill the fairings with too much electronics to make them work as running lights, so I have concluded that they aren't for me.

Actually, I ended up buying2 cigarette lighter adaptors from radio shack that converts 12to 6 volts. I stole the guts out of 1, and then wired in a 300+ ohm resistor on the (+) wire of the signal. This enabled me to remove the converter box.The LED worked continuously with this setup. I then made another mistake by trying a 10 ohm resistor instead of the 300. I ruined another turn signal.I had enough at that moment and put the old ones back on the bike. If you want running lights, use a 300 ohm or higher resistor along with a 6 volt converter.

http://www.putfile.com/pic/8045684

http://www.putfile.com/pic/8045679

http://www.putfile.com/pic/8045680

http://www.putfile.com/pic/8045681

Old 04-25-2008 | 06:52 PM

So you fryed to signals?

Old 04-25-2008 | 07:07 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Woody6799

I understand what your saying fox but if they do not function as they should, like the running light portion, that makes it a sub par product... personally I am looking for a set of the old ones for my front
They function exactly as they were designed. If they were designed to be used as running lights..........they would have been a 3-wire design to begin with. The running light modification is just that..........a modification to adapt the signals to become running lights. None of the Rizoma signals were ever designed to run this way...........and it does suck that the new ones can't be adapted (at least not until Rizoma comes out with their own running light modulators).........but you can't blame Rizoma........because the signals work EXACTLY as they were designed to.

Old 04-25-2008 | 07:26 PM

Im either going to have to sell my Rizoma Zero-11's or try and return them, since I no longer have a bike.

Old 04-25-2008 | 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

Im either going to have to sell my Rizoma Zero-11's or try and return them, since I no longer have a bike.

interested... how many do you have, how much, with the brackets or without?

Old 04-26-2008 | 01:03 AM
|

I can give you 3 for $50 plus shipping.2 of themare already extended for the rear, and you will need to buy another for the front.In all, I burned up 2 trying to make them work as running lights. It can be done. I hope my experiences have made it easier so no one else makes the mistakes I did. Rizoma still makes great things, but the new-gen turn signal is just not for me. I wish I had the old turn signals like Foxy's bike, only then would I be happy.

Old 04-26-2008 | 01:05 AM
|

You can have the fairing adaptors too. PM me if interested.

Quick Reply: The New Rizoma Zero-11's