New! Looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New! Looking for help

I'm new to this so don't be to harsh...alright i'm 19 never had a motorcycle looking for a CBR 600RR but also not trying to break the bank. Is there anywhere specific I should look to get one at a reasonable price? and what would be a reasonable price? Keeping in mind that at 19 i'm not the richest guy either...this is pretty much the only bike i'd want though.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:47 PM

find a 01-04 F4i. you'll save some cash and its almost the same bike.

Craigslist and any local forums would be a good start.

And do yourself a favor and take a MSF course. It'll give you the basics to not kill yourself on your shiny new toy.

And you'll also get plenty of "start on a ninja 250" type posts. And They won't be totally off base! But I like many others started on a 600. Just respect the power!

Good luck with the search. You can always post up and ask for advice. Price on each bike will differ.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 PM

^^^^^^^^^
righ on the money! make sure to get the split seat, thaey are way cooler than the other one peice. Ive had 2 F4i's and i loved both of em.
and salvage doesnt mean anything as long as it straight! my got salvaged by getting tipped over at the gas pump.
and use searchtempest.com, it pulls all the craigs list with in a specific distance of u

Last edited by gotcbr; 04-05-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: profanity removed
Old 04-08-2012, 09:35 PM

Idk what your budget is, but I was able to snag my '07 CBR 600RR for just below book value. One owner, never dropped.

Craigslist is the best way, or cycletrader(but many dealers use this and dealers are VERY expensive and dont haggle but a few hundred, AND they are always way above book.)

@J-Zee thanks for that tip on the website! Ive never heard of that until now!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by steve18
I'm new to this so don't be to harsh...alright i'm 19 never had a motorcycle looking for a CBR 600RR but also not trying to break the bank. Is there anywhere specific I should look to get one at a reasonable price? and what would be a reasonable price? Keeping in mind that at 19 i'm not the richest guy either...this is pretty much the only bike i'd want though.
Assfaultjunkies.com my names same on that site. Come check it out. We can help you out.