New FE

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pictures of the stock fender exhaust covers trimmed, with a Tripage IT and license plate relocated. This is an example of #2 above.

Name:  IMG_0045.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  117.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0040.jpg
Size:  129.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0039.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  132.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0030.jpg
Size:  214.7 KB

You can also see that the Tripage IT is PLENTY VISIBLE from behind.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:09 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Damn Andy that looks REALLY good. Now your giving me more ideas.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Hey bro glad I could assist! I know there are tons of options for cleaning up the rear and this is one of the best solutions I know of using the stock exhaust.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

+1 to andy, I put the tst on that local guys show bike i did, it was a sinch...

however, the angle andy has his tag at would get us pulled over in 2 seconds in il., however i know its angle is adjustable.... so thats a good remedy, if you can afford trip. prices....

here are a few more of tst's, and i can tell you even with the yoshi being so close THE LIGHT IS VERYYYYYYYYY VISIBLE, pics can never do a tail light, or light in general justice

Old 07-07-2011, 01:00 PM

+1 for TST. I love my Smoked TST unit.

Besides I had a really bad experience with Tristan from Tripage so he'll never ever get any of my business.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:06 PM

I will say this about Tripage vs. TST --

For the $20 more the Tripage IT is over the TST, it is far superior IMHO for two main reasons.

1. Tripage IT is technically split into 2 sides by a "T", which is a good thing because it prevents light bleed from either side. They are individual.

2. Tripage IT cancels the running/brake light on the side the blinker is active. Again, this makes for much better visibility because your amber turn signals arent trying to overpower your red brake light.

3. Supposedly use the brightest LEDs available on the market, and every single IT is hand made and tested before shipping.

----------

HOWEVER! I find the cost of the Tripage adjustable tag bracket to be ridiculous. You can achieve the same look for much cheaper on your own. I do like his faceplate, which cleans up the look of the license plate. But the rest can be easily attained for less. Maybe not adjustable, but once you get it set, who wants to adjust it? Again, just my opinion.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST! I don't always care for how Tripage presents himself. More than once he has come off as very arrogant and pretty much offensive. However, he does make a good product and that is what you pay for, not for him to have a more kind demeanor.

Last edited by andyriot; 07-07-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 PM

The Tripage Pro package is 320 bucks and is quite cool, and was what I was originally going to purchase until I initiated communication with Tristan to actually give him 320 dollars of my money.

The Tripage Running / Brake light with Signals is 160.

The TST is 125.

No problems with the brightness of the TST - it has 80 LEDS - and no turn signal washout either. I'll also add I have the smoked unit, i'm sure the clear is even more visible.
Looks great.
Great price.

as far as "a kind demeanor" I could care less about that - but any unprofessional attitude will not earn my business.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
The Tripage Pro package is 320 bucks and is quite cool, and was what I was originally going to purchase until I initiated communication with Tristan to actually give him 320 dollars of my money.
The Pro package is being discontinued for the STD. I should have been specific I am talking about the STD which is the new standard running/brake and integrated signals. No patterns, as TST has no patterns either.

The Tripage Running / Brake light with Signals is 160.

The TST is 125.
The TST is currently on a large sale to compete with Tripage's sale of his STD package. The TST is normally $140 ($145?) and the Tripage STD is always $160.

That's the $20 difference I was talking about, other than ongoing sales.

No problems with the brightness of the TST - it has 80 LEDS - and no turn signal washout either.
TST is plenty bright i'm sure. I had a TST on my '06 and loved it. BUT! You cannot argue the fact that with ZERO red light around it, the amber will stand out much more. The TST has washout, it is impossible not to unless you do as Tripage did.

as far as "a kind demeanor" I could care less about that - but any unprofessional attitude will not earn my business.
I agree fully with you which is why I said something about it. More than once he has put me off, but that does not take away from his product. In most cases I would look elsewhere, but when there are only these 2 major competitors and one is clearly better (in my eyes) then I must go with that one.

I know I might be coming off as a "fanboy" or something of the like, but that is far from the truth, which is why I am telling of my negative experiences as well. I have done large amounts of research of this topic as of recent because I needed to make the same decisions. I am just sharing everything I came across, both good and bad.

Last edited by andyriot; 07-07-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:04 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Wow I'm happy to hear about Tripage horrible customer service before I try to work with him. I contacted TST a while ago to see if he had pic of his FE mounted on a 600RR and if not if he could get some and send them to me as I wanted to see what his product looked like installed before I spent my hard earned money on it and all I got was a "No". It didn't seem like he wanted to sell me his product so I didn't want to buy his product. It is sad that customer service, from what seems like all companies, as gone very much down hill in the past few years. Just because you have a great product doesn't mean you can be a jerk to your customers, which on a side note is why I left Comcast and will never give them another penny of mine and will recommend to everyone that they don't use Comcast for there cable, internet and phone provider. No offense Kuroshio.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Wow I'm happy to hear about Tripage horrible customer service before I try to work with him. I contacted TST a while ago to see if he had pic of his FE mounted on a 600RR and if not if he could get some and send them to me as I wanted to see what his product looked like installed before I spent my hard earned money on it and all I got was a "No". It didn't seem like he wanted to sell me his product so I didn't want to buy his product. It is sad that customer service, from what seems like all companies, as gone very much down hill in the past few years. Just because you have a great product doesn't mean you can be a jerk to your customers, which on a side note is why I left Comcast and will never give them another penny of mine and will recommend to everyone that they don't use Comcast for there cable, internet and phone provider. No offense Kuroshio.
Death to Comcast!! I HATE that company. (no offense again Kuro )

Surprised he didn't have pictures - there are lots floating around. Amazing to me that people aren't more helpful when you're trying to give them your money / support your business.

Anyways Andy - wasn't attacking you in any way; not that I think you took it that way. I hear what you're saying, agree with you on a lot of it.

At this rate maybe Z should start making his own integrated tails.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 07-07-2011 at 02:51 PM.