CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Need your Advice (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/need-your-advice-40400/)

wishin4600rr 05-28-2007 08:02 PM

Need your Advice

So I am thinking of trying to get F4i for my first bike. (I originally was thinking mid 90s but I believe until 00 they were all carbonated (sp?) and I am familar with fuel injection so I was going to stay with that). Anyhow everyone that I know has been telling me that I wont like it as much because soon enough I will want bigger and better (they all ride 750 and above)......but they also agree with 600s being a first good starter bike. I can say I have done this or that but (IMHO) it's different when you own a bike but it doesnt mean **** on paper)

So to those that have experience what is your advice...and if I do buy a 600 and if I MUST buy one from a dealer what can I expect and how would you negotiate with one (same as if it was a car dealer?)..

if you must know my age...I am 27 (forgive me if I sounded childish, it wasn't my intention)

tomp 05-28-2007 09:56 PM

RE: Need your Advice

Get what you want, dude. The 600RR is probably the best well rounded 600 out there. I have a buddy with a 750 and I keep up with him all day long. Carb's are pretty easy to work on, so don't let that scare you away from them. If it's your first bike I would buy a mid 90's f3 or f4. You can pick one up for a few grand. That way you can learn on it and then step up to a newer 600 or jump to a 1000 once you have developed some skills. It wouldn't be worth buy new and low siding it into a tree off a turn.

WhiteDealershipRice 05-28-2007 10:04 PM

The first 600F4 that was Fuel injected was the '00-02 F4i (hence the "i" at the end of the model designator. and yes, negotiating at the Motorcycle Dealership is almost the same as on a car dealership.

also, a 600 is more than enough bike not only for a beginner, but for experienced riders as well (some would argue that a 600 is too much bike for a noob, and yes it is more than enough to get you killed if not careful/responsible) you won't have the skills, or the road to extract a 600's full potential anyways, let alone a liter bike. Not evryone grows up to be a Hayden, or a Pedrosa. but many get themselves killed trying to prove they have.

osin41 05-28-2007 10:50 PM

I had a 600f4i for my first bike and I loved it. I rode for about 3 years and then just picked up 600rr this year. I was thinking about geting a 1000 but there's no need the 600 is fast enough at least for me it is I can still do 100+mph is wanted it just matters how fast you want to get there. I think you should go with the f4i or the rr there is a little bit of a difference but not much in power

wishin4600rr 05-29-2007 12:16 AM

I agree...thanks for everyones response