Need opinon, bought 06 CBR 600 for son in afganistan

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinon, bought 06 CBR 600 for son in afganistan

My son is in afganistan and wanted me to buy him a CBR 600RR, so I got a 2006 Sliver 600 RR with 1300 miles, here are the extras which I really know nothing about, GPR black steering damper, K&N air filter, smoked windscreen and a second windscreen cockpit double bubble, hot bodies flush mount front LED turn signals, clear alterntives rear LED brake and turn sig., Honda OEM rear seat cowl, alarm with 2/remotes, new michelin pilot power perf. tires, 2 matching HONDA nolan helmets one never taken out of box, Service manual on CD, Shogun frame sliders with bar ends, frame and swingarm bolt on pieces, Targa rear fender eliminator kit, blue LED front Marker/parking light, Xtreme vision 600K white halogen 100 watt bulbs, unlimited milage ext warrenty till May of 2011, battery tender, paid $7000.

2 questions, was this a good buy or decent, its my sons money that I spent! And after looking at more pictures of these bikes the sliver seems a little plain, I called a local Honda dealer who wasnt very cooperative to see if there is a decal kit or something, he told me no, I have seen a Blue/silver bike thats looks sharp and wondering if anyone knows if there is something out there I can add to the plain silver other than custom paint, and if its decals do they stay on well?He will be home the first of June.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim

Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Default RE: Need opinon, bought 06 CBR 600 for son in afganistan

Jim,

That seems like a pretty fair deal, given all the extra items you got in the deal. I think after taxes, $7k would be about where you would find a dealer selling a leftover 2006, with an extended warranty included. (hopefully the extended warranty is a Honda plan, and not a third party?) All those extras, even despite the small amount of miles on the bike, make it seem like a decent deal.

I wouldn't worry too much about the silver seeming plain; every rider has their own ideal of what looks best, and the fairings can always be painted or changed if it really doesn't suit him. There are some riders that even trade fairings just to get a different color. (staying within the same model year design)

And, FWIW, I'm presuming your son is in the service? If so, I thank him, and you, for his service to our country.

E.

ORIGINAL: jwallar

My son is in afganistan and wanted me to buy him a CBR 600RR, so I got a 2006 Sliver 600 RR with 1300 miles, here are the extras which I really know nothing about, GPR black steering damper, K&N air filter, smoked windscreen and a second windscreen cockpit double bubble, hot bodies flush mount front LED turn signals, clear alterntives rear LED brake and turn sig., Honda OEM rear seat cowl, alarm with 2/remotes, new michelin pilot power perf. tires, 2 matching HONDA nolan helmets one never taken out of box, Service manual on CD, Shogun frame sliders with bar ends, frame and swingarm bolt on pieces, Targa rear fender eliminator kit, blue LED front Marker/parking light, Xtreme vision 600K white halogen 100 watt bulbs, unlimited milage ext warrenty till May of 2011, battery tender, paid $7000.

2 questions, was this a good buy or decent, its my sons money that I spent! And after looking at more pictures of these bikes the sliver seems a little plain, I called a local Honda dealer who wasnt very cooperative to see if there is a decal kit or something, he told me no, I have seen a Blue/silver bike thats looks sharp and wondering if anyone knows if there is something out there I can add to the plain silver other than custom paint, and if its decals do they stay on well? He will be home the first of June.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim

Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 PM

I would say overall that was a pretty good buy given the fact that you have very low mileage and alot of extras and assuming there is no damage... as far as graphics check out www.tapeworks.com or www.alloutgraphics.com both have high quality kits and are reasonable on their prices. My personal favorites are the tribal type graphics that came from the factory. I hope this helps and if you have any questions for me please do not hesitate to ask, just PM me. Oh... and tell your son thank you

Old 03-24-2008, 09:04 PM

First of all, Welcome to the forum!! and, My most sincere gratitude for your support to your son, and much respect to him for serving.

Second, $7K was a decent deal, for a '06 with only 1300 miles, I already have that much in my 6 month old '07.
With all those extras, you made a pretty good deal.

Check the site sponsors for decal kits (you can also find them on ebay) however. the silver by itself looks very elegant too.
Post some pictures of the bike when you have a chance.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 PM

I think you did well, especially for not having tons of knowledge about what you were getting into. As far as the color goes, its to each his own. I would let your son get back and see how he likes it, and let him dress it up how he wants. Every one is different.

Tell him I said thanks as well, and welcome to the club.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 PM

It depends n your location. If you were where I live, thats an awesome deal. 05/06's are going for 6300-7600 here in Florida. Sound slike a great deal to me.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:51 AM

Its is a Honda warranty, he comes back in June and then leaves for Germany in September or October and is taking the bike with him. Am picking the bike up Saturday or Sunday then will post a picture.

Jim

Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 AM

well done dad!