Need instructions on how to instal an alarm system

Old 05-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need instructions on how to instal an alarm system

Hi there,

I just purchased a new alarm system for my CBR 600RR (2006) and would like assistance in setting it up.
It's very similar to the Scorpio system, but it's a different brand (Spy - by West Coast Cycle - westcoastcycle.us). It has the same functions like shock alarm, close distance alarm, remote engine start, remote engine stop...

Pictures are very welcome!

Thanks!

Old 05-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Default RE: Need instructions on how to instal an alarm system

wow, almost 10 days and not 1 reply.... guess no one really knows how to do it, or doesn't want to share the knowledge...

Anywho - I paid a mechanic $80.00 to instal it for me... the same price I paid on the alarm system... was hoping to save money..

Old 05-24-2006, 08:03 PM

The alarm didn't come with instructions?

Old 05-25-2006, 02:45 AM

Sorry dude. I didn't see the thread. I just installed my scorpio a few weeks ago. I took my time but it is pretty basic. Just nuts and bolts and some wiring.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:45 AM

Hey OldFatGuy - it didn't come with instructions on how to instal it on a specific bike, so I figured let me go to their website (www.westcoastcycle.us) and look it up... couldn't find anything... so I go to their Tech Support section of the site, and look up the Diagram & Instructions for the LM 508 System... The PDF only shows the diagram, not how to open the bike, what wires to look for, where they are, etc....
So then I look for 'System Contacts for troubleshooting & tech support' on that same page and only find an e-mail address for a Davy guy. I sent him an e-mail asking for pictures and specific instructions for a CBR600RR and he sends me the same crap diagram and same manual that came with the system... I sent him another e-mail asking for pictures and never get a response....

I called all over the place to get a quote on how much it would cost to have a mechanic instal it and had people quote me as high as $200.00 bucks.... crazy being that I only paid $80.00 with taxes and shipping...
Finally I found this guy who charged me $80.00, so I ended up paying $160.00 .... still half the price of the scorpio - so not too bad...
The guy who installed it owns a shop called Audio Trixx in Pompano Beach, FL and told me he was invited to fly to California and live there for 1 year working with West Coast Customs ... so I guess he's pretty good...
but he had another guy putting the screws/bolts back together and the idiot forgot 1 screw on each side (connects the bottom plastic with the front - 5x20 screw pan) - I was told I can get those screws pretty much anywere like a Ace Hardware store, so not that concerned about it....