Need help with Oil leak!!!!! Bike Shut off. Gas gage

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Oil leak!!!!! Bike Shut off. Gas gage

A few weeks ago I was on my way to work about 2 blocks before I get to work I was at a stop sign and my bike shut off. I didnt know what was wrog could realy check anything because it is 4:45am and it is still dark but the oil light was on so I tried a couple of times to start is again it turned on but then turned back off. So i pushed it to a parking lot and started walkin.

Break time I get a ride over to my bike, check the oil window didnt see anything, went and got some oil put it in bike started just fine.

I coulnd figure out were the oil went though i park in the smae spot everyday at work, I park in my garage at home and neither place have any oil on the ground.

So last sunday to be on the safe side I changed my oil and filter about a 1000 miles before next scheduled but I figure it couldnt hurt. Went riding everthing fine, rode to work all week.

My brother got the same bike 2 1/2 weeks ago hig gas gage is messed up it does all kinds of crazy **** so he went to the dealer and they said he was like the 5th person to say that and they dont have a fix yet come back in a week.

Mine has been fine since I got it in febuary, well yester day left work with by Brother got 2 block away almost the exact same spot as before and my bike shut off, I know I needed gas but the light wasnt flashing yet, so I check the oil and once again no oil but the oil light wasnt on. Got oil put it in still not starting listened to the tank and no gas, push it to the gas station put gas started up gas gage seemed to be fine....

Take my bike to my buddys house got under it still puzzled were the oil is going, felt inside the botton faring and its caked with oil, OK I know were its going its just a slow enough leak to were it gets dry and sticky and doesnt leak from the faring so wheres it leaking from??????

Old 08-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Default RE: Need help with Oil leak!!!!! Bike Shut off. Gas gage

Check the filter for a double gasket.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Default RE: Need help with Oil leak!!!!! Bike Shut off. Gas gage

our bikes are notorious for incorrect gas readings, just don't let it get to one bar and you'll be fine. As knightslugger said, it could be leaking from the filter or even your bolt slowly. did you forget the washer? also when checking the oil, the bike has to be upright, not on the kickstand.