Navigation.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008 | 08:15 PM
Default RE: Navigation.

ORIGINAL: 350z_and_CBR

No offense to anyone but why would you want to have a GPS on a BIKE???????? 1)can't mess with it while riding 2) Can't protect it from Rain 3) it's ugly on bikes period.....But that's my opinion. .

They have big buttons for easy 'glove on' touching, and i'm pretty sure they are waterproof but apart from that they are pretty ugly. i would only use on on a reallllly long trip somewhere that i've not been before.... but then its just common sense soi dont get lost haha.

Old 04-11-2008 | 01:49 AM

^^^^ xactly...its not like ii wud ride around with it around town! DUH!! 350z...take a long trip sumwhere u dont kno where your going with no1 to help u and with the presensce of other riders distracting u in the sense that u just want to ride wit ppl and see if u dont need it...

Old 04-11-2008 | 01:54 AM

but um...besides that. Onarom...do u kno if Mio's other models are good?

Old 04-11-2008 | 03:26 AM

I see your point. Like I said "NO offense to anyone", that was just my opinion.

Old 04-11-2008 | 03:33 AM

^^ I couldnt agree more... they are pretty ugly haha then again i'd rather a sat nav than having to print off directions from google maps, laminate them, and then stick them to the top of your tank with masking tape cause you couldnt find anything else and then get lost anyway and be an hour late for your works training session in a place you've never been before and then end up being taken in a car becuse you also forgot your suit.... WHICH by the way i speak from experience and that was a crappy day!!! haha but we do look back and laugh at mylack of direction

Old 04-11-2008 | 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: skical

My "X" knows nothing about GPS'
This one took me a second to get. Pretty funny- that is my type of humor

All of the MIOS that I have seen are good in my opinion. They all operate very similarly, but I am not sure which models are "hackable". The c310 is the best for hacking (IMO)
You can check this website for more info.

And remember, its not like you need to keep your eyes on the GPS- I had mine in my pocket one day and had a headphone on and just listened to the voice telling me to "take next right", etc.

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:18 AM

Ah if you cannot ride with one hand i dont know what to say to you. Also i plan on tuckin it by the spedo so it doesnt look that un appealing.

Nav is to valuble not to have specialy if u like to just disapear like i do.

Old 04-11-2008 | 09:36 AM

YA - the nav is great. I picked up a garmin nuvi 360 for < $200. Look about.

Mounting is the hardest thing...

As for why? Ever gone off on a day or longer trip? I ride the back roads and I don't know the back roads where I am going... I plug in a few local tips and aim that way. Around home I don't use the GPS... sure.

Old 04-11-2008 | 09:36 PM

Tank bag with a clear top...

That way you can take it with you into the crapper for that pit stop in the bad side of the middle of nowhere instead of just hoping it's still attached to your bike when you come back out.

Old 04-11-2008 | 10:10 PM

Anyone here go somewhere they dont know and wind up printing some directions off map quest?? here are your options on using those directions.

A. stop and read the damn things.. annoying, i want to ride
B. keep it in your pocket and attempt to take it out and read it-> half attention off road, and only one hand on bars= unsafe + wind factor is no bueno
C. tape it to your tank with scotch tape.. oh so attractive even if its temporary.

my point is that GPS is a good idea on bikes cuz youre not always going to were you know... like pointed out before, and as for the button pushing thing, you would be one handed any other method, or no eyes-on-road.

my friend has a garmin. it isa not so newer model, but it has a stand that grips to a window or anything really, and it wont fall off.he got it for 75 bucks on sale. i was thinkin it could just hang upside down off the windshield...as long as you got a db

Quick Reply: Navigation.