My Wrists!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Wrists!!!

most of my pain comes from the heel of my right hand right behind my thumb. i dont know how to prevent this one. left never hurts though. Got to ride 120 miles today!!!

Old 04-12-2006, 03:55 AM

Go ride a banshee out in the sand for a couple hours
1) it will build your arm/hand muscles
2) you will never complain about your CBR again in that area, cause it isn't anything compared to one of those nasty things.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:37 AM

ORIGINAL: jwp6114

most of my pain comes from the heel of my right hand right behind my thumb. i dont know how to prevent this one. left never hurts though. Got to ride 120 miles today!!!

well this first comment is not to your quot jwp - it feels like the DMV needs to instruct people how to place their hands on the handles haha.. (just joking around)

But with the thumb pain, do you leave your thumb on the turn signal or something? because that can do it.. also a tight grip will do it (my finger stiffen when i ride my stand up jet-ski, and it's because of my tight grip.. also my thumb will hurt because i have to leave it on the throttle button *which takes your thumb to accerlate*)

(jet-skis are worse then banshee's.. unless your talking like woods or desert rocks.. if you are talking about the Dunes, that's easy sailing haha)

Old 04-12-2006, 06:41 AM

I try to take my left hand off the bars as much as possible when im runing straight or on the highway. Keeps it from going numb.
Anytime im riding through town and I dont need to slow to a stop than I just put my left hand on my hip or my leg.

Keeps it from being in that same possition all the time. And like someone else said, I squeeze the tank with my legs and try to set up straight so more of the weight is on my butt than my wrists

Old 04-12-2006, 10:36 AM

I try to squeeze the tank with my legs as much as i can so it takes the weight off my wrists. I like a lot of the other suggestions too, gotta try them out.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:14 PM

this post is making me nervous, because i have a cyst in my right wrist that flairs up every once in a while and i cant put any force on it, im hoping this doesnt effect my riding when i get my f4i in june

Old 04-12-2006, 05:40 PM

You might want to get that thing lance before you ride or you my just a lot of pain.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:09 PM

I hurt my left wrist when My left foot slipped on some gravel and I had to pull up from the left handle bar just to keep the bike from dropping. After that I have pain in the wrist and 4-arm. Now I ride with my left on on the gas tank when on long rides. However i did notice my grip is weaker now. At first I thought it was just me.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:50 AM

Actually thank you all for your replys, but I read my book "total control" which I highly recommend. I found out I was sitting thw rong way on my bike now that I've been sitting properly I havent had the issue anymore. Also I've heard it's a very bad idea to stay in nuetral one being that if someone like a damn cager is coming in to fast and your lucky enough to see or hear screetching tires you can move out FAST! Also I think bikes have wet clutchs so you dont have to worry about wearing them out. For anyone who wanted to know what I was doing wrong I was basically sitting to close to the tank and wasnt putting my *** all the way back and squeezing the tank as hard as I should have.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Retired Administrator

I ride with my elbows down and tucked in toward the tank. This forces me to use my legs and back mussels more and make long trips more than doable. I've made a few 6 hour trips and I'm about to do two 9 hours trips in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: My Wrists!!!