My Rear Fender Mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Rear Fender Mod

I am heading out tomorrow, Been getting over Pneumonia.

I also have another new bike the KTM 450EXC, has about an hour of time on it.

Got sick, and have been down for almost 4 weeks. Just got off the OXYgen machine Monday.

Todd

Old 04-03-2007, 02:28 AM

The 07 600RR looks awsome. I just cant figure out why Honda moved the rear brake light to the fender, i personally think that they should have left the brake light where it was at. But overall I like what you have done to the bike, looks great.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM

That bike looks sick man. Have you rode any of the older cbr models? Is there a big difference in the handling and power on the 07's compared to older cbrs?

Old 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Shortysboy09

That bike looks sick man. Have you rode any of the older cbr models? Is there a big difference in the handling and power on the 07's compared to older cbrs?

I have ridden an 03 for a very brief period. At the time I had an 06 GSXR 600 and I thought the CBR had more power in the mid range.
But the guy I was riding with said no, I think the GSXR has more power.

This 07 is so much fun to ride and turns so quickly it makes you feel very confident. I just came off an 06 CBR 1000Rr and all I can say
is the 07 600 handles so much better and just feels much more planted and holds it line better.

And if something happened to it, I would buy another in a minute.

Todd

Old 04-04-2007, 07:55 PM

Todd's bike looks great in the pictures and even BETTER in person!

Old 04-04-2007, 08:02 PM

Thank you Lisa, it is that perfectionist gene I have

Todd

Old 04-08-2007, 03:39 PM

todd, tail looks awesome. i just put a down payment on a 07, my 1st sportbike, id like to do your design! i have had a honda dirtbike when i was little and have had a 2000 ktm duke II for 3 years, so i havnt done anyhting to either but maintain. i just had a question, you made the plate bracket?did it require any drilling?i hope someone comes out with a braket like that to buy. i dont really want to spend 100 but the bikelitz braket looks ok. also, how do the blinkers attach, do you have to splice the wires or use connectors? did you have to put resistors on? im thinking about putting those blinkers on my duke too! thanks look forward to hearing you, hopefully my white cbr will look as good as yours

Old 04-08-2007, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: TheSearch35

todd, tail looks awesome. i just put a down payment on a 07, my 1st sportbike, id like to do your design! i have had a honda dirtbike when i was little and have had a 2000 ktm duke II for 3 years, so i havnt done anyhting to either but maintain. i just had a question, you made the plate bracket? did it require any drilling? i hope someone comes out with a braket like that to buy. i dont really want to spend 100 but the bikelitz braket looks ok. also, how do the blinkers attach, do you have to splice the wires or use connectors? did you have to put resistors on? im thinking about putting those blinkers on my duke too! thanks look forward to hearing you, hopefully my white cbr will look as good as yours

Yes I made the bracket out of a Plate the bike shops sell around here. It ataches behind the plate, and has a tab
that hangs down below the plate for our states inspection sticker. I just turned it upside down and used the tab to mount it
to the 2 bolts that hold the brake light on. Check with your bike shop they may have them. Cost for that aluminum plate is like $4
Yes you will have to drill it, but I have traced a template, and it will take just a few minutes to do. Here is the bracket bent to fit, and painted black:
Name:  IMG_1151.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  33.7 KB

As for the Signals, yes it is recommended to splice the Honda Connectors to the LED blinkers. I just cut them off as close as I could from the stock
signals. Then soldered and heat shrunk them. Works great, and you have a good quality connection. For mounting the signals, I used the small hole, and the supplied nut from the Blinker. I put a plug in the other hole that is left in the piece of rubber that supports the blinker. Here is a pic:

Name:  IMG_1154.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  111.9 KB

Here is the template, print it out at 100% will fit on regular paper. You could also just make one from some thin aluminum sheet.

Name:  600RR_FE.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  29.0 KB

Todd

Old 04-08-2007, 10:44 PM

ok cool thanks, did u use resistors or not?

Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: TheSearch35

ok cool thanks, did u use resistors or not?

No I did not use resistors, they flash a lil faster, but not a problem with LEDs

Todd

Quick Reply: My Rear Fender Mod