"my passanger has problems"

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "my passanger has problems"

Just tell them to brace themselves by puttting their hands on the tank when you're slowing down. That should help.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:28 AM

I think alot of it depends on the passenger...bc I took a friend of mine who had ridden on the back of street bikes before for a ride and she did perfectly fine...didnt lean hard on me when braking(she put her hands on the tank) or shift the weight of the bike a whole lot.....now earlier tonight I took a girl i work with for a ride....first time ever one a motorcycle...and omg was it noticable lol. Felt like she wanted to break my ribs every time i accelerated...even slowly. And man did she just lay on me when it came time to brake. Much more work involved in riding people who dont know how to ride just yet.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:43 AM

anybody who's had numerous girls on the bike of there bikes knows. if they have confidence in you thats awesome. the hands on the tank thing works great for them and us for short rides. most girls complain of having to lean over and support themselves but if you tell them to do it just when braking and accelerating -ie the city and intersections- and then sit up when your crusing on the hway all's well. them pinching there legs together works good. and it is cute when they hug the $hit out of you. tell them not to lean to much. looking over the shoulder is all you'll ever need. i wont tell you guys out there who pops wheelies with your girl that your stupid. thats on you and your grown a$$ adults. i personally just couldnt live with that girl dying if i lose control of it. ive been down with a girl on the bike and ive slowed down ever since. hope this helps.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:59 AM

My rule of thumb---

A wife is not meant to ride on the back of a sport bike, only girlfriends or short term relationships.

If your wife wants to go on the back of a motorcycle, get a tourning bike.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:49 PM

haha the only girl that i know who DOESNT wanna go for a ride on my bike is my girlfriend....go figure out of the umpteen million chicks out there...i get the one who is terrified of motorcycles(even though she has NEVER ridden on one). **shrug** oh well lol

Old 10-15-2006, 11:44 PM

ive only rode one person on the back of a dirtbike a couple years ago and hit a tree cause i was trying to turn and they were leaning the other way the damn bike stayed straight. never again, the first thing i did when i got my crotch rocket was take the passenger pegs off.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Tomek

do you guys take people with you for rides on occasion. I like to take my girlfriend. I go with my family and their bikes. so sometimes i have my gf on the bike, sometimes my mom, or my aunt. They all say its a pain in the *** because they keep on having to scoot back because they always slide forward, and there's a big gap between the end of the seat and my back. so they feel like they're gonna fall into that space. I baught a corbin seat (mainly for the gf...shes got a big booty) and it has that hump in the front....but that doesn't seem to help much. shes says the seat feels alot better, but she still slides forward. do you guys have issues with your passangers?
lol...get some Stomp grips for her...