My NEW CBR600rr Cuts Out, w/only 27 miles on the clock

Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My NEW CBR600rr Cuts Out, w/only 27 miles on the clock

Okay guys, this is a frustrating way for me to start as a new 2nd generation 2005 CBR600RR owner. In February, I sold my 2004 Gixxer 600 thinking I was going to quit riding. Nope, I couldn't stand not riding for months!! I had my eye on the new Honda. I took ownership of a brand spankin' new red one with less than two miles on the clock last Thursday, 7/21. I took it out for its first break-in miles on Saturday. I was headed home after putting ONLY 27 miles. I was coming to a red signal light and I began to downshift. Then the motor decided to cut out completely. . .without any warning!! It cranks but it won't come alive. Fuel in the tank, fuel pump is fine (it has the initial priming hum sound). . .any ideas??? It cranks, fuel pumped. . .so electrical power (re: battery) checks out. All dash read outs are fine. So I don't think its an alternator connection problem since the battery charges up to spin the starter. I may be wrong. I haven't had the time to check the fuses. Before I resort to calling the Red Riders Club to haul off my new toy to the nearest Honda dealer to get it fixed and run diagnostics, I thought I'd ask the forum for some insight first. It's a bummer to have it towed back into my garage (2 miles from where it died) with only 29 miles on the clock and it still doesn't fire up. . .

Old 07-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Default RE: My NEW CBR600rr Cuts Out, w/only 27 miles on the clock

If it were me, I wouldn't bother trying to check out the bike with that low mileage.....I'd let the dealer take care of it and let them know how inconvenienced you are.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:51 PM

Let the dealer fix it before they say the warranty is void because you fingered it. I would put bets on a faulty stand sensor though.

Good luck

Old 08-02-2005, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: dibblejr

Let the dealer fix it before they say the warranty is void because you fingered it. I would put bets on a faulty stand sensor though.

Good luck
Bike wont crank if the stand is down and in gear so guessing thats not it. I agree though take right back to the dealer and let them fix it

Old 08-03-2005, 12:56 AM

BAD TILT SENSOR?

Old 08-03-2005, 01:16 AM

it is possible that the kid workin in the back did not let the battery charge fully before sending the bike out...I have seen this before and I know of a person that crashed because the battery was not full and it dies, cutting off the fuel injectors...possibly that is your problem, either way take it to a HONDA dealer..any Honda dealer can handle the warranty work..you do not have to take it to the dealer who sold it for warrranty repair. the warranty is from American Honda, not the dealer

Old 08-03-2005, 01:28 AM

Hey I had the same prob with my 1000RR, come to find out it was the idle adjust cable thing on the side my bike would start and then when I got crusing for a minute and pulled the clutch back the thing would die. I had it looked at and the dealership guy just started laughing. Don't know if it the same on the 600 or not.

Search this Thread