My First True Oh S#&t Moment!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My First True Oh S#&t Moment!

I'm always watching these cagers, anticipating their every move. Not getting into blind spots and making my presence felt with some revving action!

Old 09-06-2007, 05:25 PM

Yeah, this has happened to me a couple times. They try to use the lane closest to them in the anticipation that you will use the one closest to you. I get a little angry and usually sound the horn, shake my head at them, and then rev to high hell if they don't yield. I wish there was more I could do, but I'm pretty much at their mercy.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:37 PM

these types of incidients are precisely why i dont own a gun...

Old 09-06-2007, 05:44 PM

every time i get on the 395 or the 495 i almost get turned into a bloody mess cause some ******* doesnt pay attention when he switches lanes, i know that around here in northern va, and the dc area people cant drive for s$%t so you gotta really pay attention.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Brennan

every time i get on the 395 or the 495 i almost get turned into a bloody mess cause some ******* doesnt pay attention when he switches lanes, i know that around here in northern va, and the dc area people cant drive for s$%t so you gotta really pay attention.
Brennan- How come I've never seen you around? Where are you at? I'm in the Fairfax area. I got the same bike/ color!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 AM

It's sort of comforting to know that no matter where you ride, those driving cars are all the same. I don't know how many of you out there ride in Miami, FL, but let me tell you, the drivers around here suck. Miami is a melting pot of people from all over South and Central America and the Caribbean. If any of you have ever driven or riden in that part of the world, you know what I am talking about. For those that have not, imaging a place where no one uses a turn signal, speed limit does not exist, everyone constantly uses the horn and traffic signals don't mean anything. Everytime I take my bike out, I assume the worst will happen so that I stay sharp and not let some idiot take me out. One good thing about riding among some of the worst drivers around is that my defensive riding skills areconstantly being honed and will make me a better rider.

Stay safe, be vigilant and wear your gear.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cksean

sounds like a everyday commute to me...always look around your surroundings...you as a rider should always be alert...and road rage sucks people get shot around here...be cool and be courteous...
Absolutely

Old 09-08-2007, 05:50 PM

Hey CBRYDR and Brennan ... I'm in the Manassas area when I'm back home from college .. we should ride sometime!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:08 PM

Hey CBRYDR and Brennan ... I'm in the Manassas area when I'm back home from college .. we should ride sometime!
hell ya man just shoot me an email or something

Old 09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned

even at stop signs...so theres this t intersection, and im in the middle going like, up the t, and on the left and right theres stop signs, im ready to keep going my merry way, when some douchebag in a Jeep tj or somthing, whith his goon friends run the sign, i give a little beep beep on the manly horn, and they all give me the f u buddy wave..even though they ran a stop sign to begin with. are we allowed to carry batons to smack against cages that are messin with our sh*t or what??

Quick Reply: My First True Oh S#&t Moment!