my aching a**

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my aching a**

just go Corbin if you really want to upgrade.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:10 PM

Corbin was always the first mod I did on a bike. And so it was with my '06 RR. Funny thing though...On this bike I fit better with the stock seat than with the Corbin. The stock "flat" seat allows me to sit all the way back against the rear seat fairing, and easily slide left and right for twisties. I'm tall (6'-1") with a lot of that height in my legs, and the swoopy shape of the Corbin kept sliding me too close to the tank, and with the ridges on the sides of the saddle itwas more difficult to leanproperly.
I sold the Corbin to another member here.
It was a weird learning experience for me...That Corbin is not ALWAYS the solution. Depends on your body type, style of riding, and the bike.
Note...In my Sig pic (below) I still had the Corbin on the bike.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:58 PM

Can anyone tell me the difference between Corbin and Seargent?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:06 AM

CORBIN!!! Its one of the best investments I made. If you ride long distances, its awesome!!! I like the factory seat for track days only!!! When I was looking aroundSeargent didn't make seats for CBR 600rr, maybe they do now...

Old 02-04-2008, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: clint_s

This is not something that I have done, but a sales rep at the dealership I bought my bike at said he had stripped all the factory foam out of his seat and added memory foam from a mattress pad. I can see how it would be a bit more comfortable, but I am not sure how that mod would affect the supportthe seat is supposed to provide.
NOT callin your buddy a liar. But that really doesnt seem like it would workk. You would have to put wayy to much foam in there for it to have any comfortablility.

Good post 420, Im gona have to check out these corbin seats everyone is talking about.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:24 PM

I owned my Kawi before getting the CBR and when I read threads like these I really laugh out loud. I think that there are alot of really whiny Honda owners out there. The Honda is 5x more comfortablethen the Kawi. and I'm 42. You boughtan RR for chrissakes! Not a cruiser! These are crotch rocket racing bikes!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: txroller

I owned my Kawi before getting the CBR and when I read threads like these I really laugh out loud. I think that there are alot of really whiny Honda owners out there. The Honda is 5x more comfortablethen the Kawi. and I'm 42. You boughtan RR for chrissakes! Not a cruiser! These are crotch rocket racing bikes!!!
You make a point, and I understand your sentiment, but...

There's no way one bike, stamped out by the thousands, is going to optimally fit every body that wants to ride it. A little mod or tweak here and there to make the ride more enjoyable/comfortable will add to the enjoyment. Fun is what it's all about ("it's a crotch rocket racing bike" after all :-) ).

I noticed you did several mods to your bike. So it's OK to mod for some reasons and not for others?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 AM

If you think the 07/08 seats hurt... you need to go take an equal trip on a 2006 and before. The designer of that seat was a masochist.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I just have a little skinny butt anyway, so maybe that is the problem. Im not whiney, just concerned about comfort. Thanks guys...

Old 02-07-2008, 08:55 PM

I know a guy that has a Sergeant on his 1000rr and swears by them. I am going to get a new seat soon. I have put over 4k miles on my bike since june and that seat still sucks!

Quick Reply: my aching a**