My 08 600RR and my Lexus PICS! *56K Go build a house*

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 08 600RR and my Lexus PICS! *56K Go build a house*

Well, it was a nice day out today so I figured I would wash the toys and take some pics. I think my camera lens needs cleaning because there is fog. Sorry for no fancy settings or anything, I have all three of my kids today because the wife is working so I had to do the ol driveway pictures. I promised pictures since I a newb. I know everyone has seen a stock bike but I did do a few things to it. And plus I am happy to have it! So nah! Figured I would post pics!

Kris

--Stats--
2006 Lexus IS250
BC Racing coilovers dropped 2.5"
CR 19" wheels
Tanabe Touring Medallion exhaust
5% window tint
Painted brak calipers (Done right!)

2008 CBR600RR
Yoshimura RS-5 carbon fiber slip on
Shogun frame sliders
Smoked flush mount LED signals
Zero Gravity dark smoke double bubble windscreen

Gear
Joe Rocket jacket
Shoei helmet
Cortech gloves
My "Man Purse" with hidden compartment for LEGAL carry! and cell phones of course!

Daughter's Ride
Lil Tikes Semi!!!

Old 01-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Default RE: My 08 600RR and my Lexus PICS! *56K Go build a house*

Sick Whips!!!! the bike, car, and house all look very nice, if I do say so myself. Love what you've done with the bike so far. Very tasteful mods! By the way, how does your Yoshi pipe sound on her? worth the money?

Old 01-01-2008, 01:39 PM

Thanks for ALL of the compliments! The Yoshi pipe sounds good. It isn't too loud but then I can barely hear it with my helmet on anyway. The fit and finish are great and the sound is maybe a little bit higher than stock. At WOT, it is noticable though.

Kris

Old 01-01-2008, 02:10 PM

What's with the concealed gun?

Old 01-01-2008, 02:51 PM

I'm a white boy in Miami! No seriously, when I first moved to Miami 6 years ago, I was lost and was pulled over and asked "Are you buying or lost?" I replied with "Buying what?" The cop then told me to follow him so I did. He told me I was in a bad section and that I could have been killed for my car. Ever since then, I carry a small gun concealed with my PERMIT. I have never had a run in thank God. I have a safe at the house with my others, but one stays on me either on my person or locked away...I have a wife and 3 kids. There are home invasions even in the nicest of neighborhoods here in Miami.

The closest I ever got was this...The bank I use for large deposits is downtown Miami. It was a Saturday afternoon just the wife and I. I had about $4K in checks I was depositing in the ATM. I had my gun in the car. I parked around the corner for the bank and told my wife I would be right back. I am aware of my surroundings and wasn't too concerned about a guy to my left. I get out, walk towards the bank, he is walking the opposite way. As soon as he sees me, he makes a beeline in my direction. I kept him in my peripheral vision and at the ATM I kept him in the mirror. He says, "Hey bro..." I gave him the "death WHAT?" as if I wasn't messing around. I remembered my gun was in my car and he was getting a little too close...maybe 25 yards. Right then, I hear my car start up, and my wife come sliding around the corner aiming at this guy with the car about to run him over. She rolled down the window and said, "Don't do it mother------....I will run your f------- a-- over." He took off like a bat out of hell. Good thing she didn't run him over as she would have had to jump the curb and my wheels would have been jacked!

So with that story, as true as it is, some people may argue that having a weapon for protection is stupid. Well, before this gets into a flame fest for my new butt, I figured I would post the above, as well as it is my right to carry. I am ex military, grew up in a cop household, still work for the DoD as a contractor and am cleared high enough to know what goes on in the world. I would say I am fairly responsible. It is my opinion that if a bad guy can have an illegal firearm to kill me with, I would like a legal one on me to at least die trying. Google Miami carjackings, you will see that EVEN IF YOU GIVE UP YOUR CAR, wallet, purse, what have you, YOU STILL DIE. You will be shot just because.

Sorry for my soapbox but I figured I would get the riot act if I didn't justify myself, even though I don't have to justify myself. I took the pic maybe to hear from other gun owners out there but if people don't like guns and it is offensive, then I will delete it.

Kris

Old 01-01-2008, 03:00 PM

The rides are beauties! The "IS" is definitely my choice when it comes time to buy!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:14 PM

Yeah but if you like to mod, beware. I found that out the hard way. The IS350 has 100 more hp but is also like $8-10K more with no other features. The IS250 has a nice 200+hp which is good. But I looked at goodies for it and problem 1. the compression is 12.5:1 from the factory. Forced induction is a no go. Unless you get custom bottom end and/or headwork because there are no off the shelf innards for the car. 2. there IS A SUPERCHARGER out there. However, one is $5K and the other is $10K. The first is an unheard of company and the second is from Tom's in Japan. Both give the same gains. About 40-50hp with 4psi. 4PSI!!!??? Why would I want 4psi?! i would stick the turbonator on there before I spent that much scratch on a huffer. So, the suspension is about the only thing you can mod and there are LOTS of goodies for that!

Thanks again for the comment! [8D]

Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM

nice toyota

Old 01-01-2008, 06:47 PM

Yes I know I know! It's all in a badge! I love my Yota though. Much more comfy than any other car I have owned and just feels good when I am driving it. Although the Evo was a nice car too and handled wonderfully.

Kris

ORIGINAL: baxsom

nice toyota

Quick Reply: My 08 600RR and my Lexus PICS! *56K Go build a house*