Musings on my 07RR (week 1)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Musings on my 07RR (week 1)

Just got this bike last week. And have to say it's probably the very best road bike I have ever had.

I ride in the bay area, thick urban traffic and on my commute and the bike is very narrow and stable (for a sport bike) at low speeds. Splitting lanes is a breeze and not unlike some supermotos I have had-- and the better than expected mid range power means I don't have to work the clutch or drag the rear brake too much in traffic. The bike just goes where you point it.

But the motor is the real revelation. It pulls from 5K like my KTM 950 S-E (a 942cc twin), and basically this bike just explodes out of corners. It basically explodes any time you twist the wrist. I am totally addicted to it. I have no idea how they got the profile of the motor to be like it is (and not be so hollow in the low/mid like a lot of the recent 600s). Brakes seem perfect and seem to stay consistent no matter how much you frolic (the brakes on the supermotos I've had suck because you only have 4 pots and 1 disc, and the KTM will get spongy even on the dirt if you ride hard long enough). Although some on this board would say the front brakes on those motorcycles have nothing to do with the front brakes on a honda. I think a front brake is a front brake though, it does the stopping, the rear does the turning, haha. Though I do use the rear brake A LOT in traffic, its just usually easier than modulating the throttle on a fuel injected bike.

The other cool thing is that the bike doesn't really weigh anything. This definitely shows up in the handling/braking department. Bike basically goes where you look/think which is good. I don't have to ride over the front end or anything, it just does what you want it to do. It's just plain intuitive and almost mellow. Even when you're revving the nuts off of it it never threatens (or hasn't threatened me yet) to do something you don't expect. Feel out of the rear end seems a bit better than some hondas I have ridden before (have they made the UPL less stiff?).

I sort of bought it on a whim and have been totally shocked by just how good of an all round bike it is.

I would recommend it to anyone. Unless you just have to have something that breathes fire like the open class bikes from the last couple of years. I have to admit I have ridden around on a CBR 1000 and I left the experience a bit cold due to how hard (mentally) I had to work to keep everything (me) in one piece. This bike is like that ex girlfriend you almost married, you see her one night at a bar, take her home and find she still fits like a glove. Booya.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Default RE: Musings on my 07RR (week 1)

hahahahahaha damn that was agood post especially the end.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:19 PM

Man, i have to agree- the 07 600rr is one of the best things ive ridden. It does what you want it to when you want it to without hesitation.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:42 AM

i found my 07 600 to be mild mannered and a blast to ride in the corners. i cant wait to get it on a smaller track where i can take advantage of the handling it offers. it doesnt have the power of my 1000rr and i would find myself trying to twist the throttle more on the straights but once i would hit a curve it would step up and really shine

Old 06-23-2007, 01:05 AM

Yep.