MSF Class

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSF Class

Well i had my first MSF class yesterday.. 4 hours of videos... Saturday we get to ride, hope i dont drop their 250... LOL Pretty cool setup they have it at the local honda plant and they have all red 250's to ride and a couple shadows... They even have a dirt track.. I had asked the instructor if they sold the bikes when they were done, he said nope they crush them cause of liability... what a waste..well wish me luck.. I might take some pictures just to post up.. might get a good shot of one of the ladies fallin or somthin...

Old 06-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Default RE: MSF Class

I don't know why anyone would want to buy one of the bikes from the MSF class. If they were anything like the ones we had, there is no way in hell I would want one.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RidersEdge MSF course I took used Buell blasts (because it was through a Harley dealership) and they sold theirs every other year or so. They sold them DIRT CHEAP (but they were as ugly as sin.) They were going for $3999 brand-new. After the classes, a couple scrapes and only 300 miles, they were selling them for $999-$1999. If they weren't so damned ugly, I might have bought one back then.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:04 AM

i know in pa they send there bikes out to auction after there done with them looks like they sell for about 900 at auction

Old 06-23-2007, 04:10 PM

The MSF course is for total noobs, i got one more day left 2marrow and so far i have learned nothing except common sense. Also everyone in my class doesn't even belong on a bike, theres like grandsmas, and wannabe gangsta girls, and nerds that know nothing about bikes. They don't even know how to shift or use a clutch and it especially pissed me off when they couldn't follow directions for the differents stages. I highly do not recommend it, expecially if your reading this; because if you are, you should already know everything about bikes thats taught at that class. I guess a good thing is that i get my license waved?

Old 06-23-2007, 09:20 PM

Are you not a noob???????? It helps a lot for people who arent familiar with riding, and helps with fundamentals and basics.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ZJcrawler45

The MSF course is for total noobs, i got one more day left 2marrow and so far i have learned nothing except common sense. Also everyone in my class doesn't even belong on a bike, theres like grandsmas, and wannabe gangsta girls, and nerds that know nothing about bikes. They don't even know how to shift or use a clutch and it especially pissed me off when they couldn't follow directions for the differents stages. I highly do not recommend it, expecially if your reading this; because if you are, you should already know everything about bikes thats taught at that class. I guess a good thing is that i get my license waved?
Wow. Ignorance at it's best. Some people take that class to learn how to ride a bike. (that's the point of the class). If you "already know everything about bikes thats taught at that class", then maybe you should have taken the advanced course, no?

Old 06-24-2007, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

Are you not a noob???????? It helps a lot for people who arent familiar with riding, and helps with fundamentals and basics.
yeah the MSF course i went through years back was pretty much here is a motorcycle, here is how you ride it type of class

the first time we actually went forward on the bike it was because someone else was behind you pushing it

they wouldnt even let us crank the engine until we could keep it stable rolling across a parking lot under human power

then after that we had to walk it across the lot using the clutch

we would have to let the clutch out just enough to get it rolling and then clutch back in

once you could get it across the lot without stalling the actually let you fully engage the clutch

way too simple of stuff for expert riders

Old 06-24-2007, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

Probably a great reason that they call it a "Basic Riders Course" then! I would argue that there are many more self proclaimed expert riders than there are actual expert riders. I would in no way want to dissuade a beginner from wanting to take this class. It does teach you some primary basic skills that are critical to know in order to stay alive out there. Unfortunately, it does not teach enough of these skills, nor are the licensing exams in the United States any where near as rigorous as I think that they should be.

Looking at the recent increases in the rider death rates, at least in my state, more people than less will benefit from this course. If you don't know the skills, and/or have less than 1,000 miles on a bike, then the course will most likely be useful.

I see many folks on the road this time of the year that ride like they need some basic skills instruction.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: willcasp

ORIGINAL: baxsom

Probably a great reason that they call it a "Basic Riders Course" then! I would argue that there are many more self proclaimed expert riders than there are actual expert riders. I would in no way want to dissuade a beginner from wanting to take this class. It does teach you some primary basic skills that are critical to know in order to stay alive out there. Unfortunately, it does not teach enough of these skills, nor are the licensing exams in the United States any where near as rigorous as I think that they should be.

Looking at the recent increases in the rider death rates, at least in my state, more people than less will benefit from this course. If you don't know the skills, and/or have less than 1,000 miles on a bike, then the course will most likely be useful.

I see many folks on the road this time of the year that ride like they need some basic skills instruction.
i guess the saracasm was lost on you in referring to the poster who said the MSF was for total newbs

Quick Reply: MSF Class