Motocycle Stands

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motocycle Stands

HAHAHA fret...... Hopefully we dont have the same jacket and gloves... LOL

Gosh...... TOO funny how we all have the same..

Would be way too cool to ALL forum members ALL meet in the middle of the US and take a ride! LOL LOL

Old 04-09-2006, 02:08 AM

ORIGINAL: 02_GSXR_HYBRID

www.checkeredflagmotorsports.net is where i got my stands. he basically took a set of pitbulls and made his own version with a few changes for the better. the front and rear are $125 shipped and are adustable on both front and rear. you can get them for spool and pad styles. ive owned a couple of diffrent kind of stands and these are the best ive had. i would put these up against pitbulls any time when it comes to quality and sturdiness.
I took a look at CFM stands. They look terrific!! I'm going to buy them. Quad wheels & personal construction + made in the USA is what I'm looking for.

Enlighten me as a noobie - what's the difference in "spool" vs "pad" styles?? Which are better? Which fit 600RR? (or will both work)

Thanks!!

Old 06-18-2006, 11:20 PM

What kind do I need for a 06 CBR100RR? Spooled or... Im confused, I was abou to buy the CMF stands but i dont know if i need the option pieces, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2006, 01:21 AM

For my 06 CBR1000RR, I got spools at the same time I got my front and rear stands. Not a requirement, but it's nice to have. It comes with everything you need except the metric hex wrench to screw it together. I also dabbed on some locktite, to keep 'em on nice and tight. Now that I've got 'em, I use the stands quite a bit now for cleaning, waxing, oiling, ... whatever.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:46 AM

To clarify for anyone who doesn't know (which was me a few months ago,) stands with pads will fit just about any bike. they need no extra parts. the downside is your swingarm just rests on the pads, which isn't all that stable if you ask me. stands with the spool setup (usually have both actually) requir spools which are kinda like fancy bolts that mount into a stock location on the swingarm. they are much more stable, and hold the bike in place alot better then just gravity alone. the downside is it's an extra 10-20 bucks for the spools. CFM make's a pretty good stand, and yes they are local here in the U.S, they even did a group buy on kawiforums a little while back for 110 shipped (i use to have a kawi) however, if you check ebay, you can find the same stands a little cheaper, just incase your hunting for the best price.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:47 PM

Ok, I ordered the checkered flag ones with spools for my 06 CBR... I trust all the experience in here.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:56 PM

I absolutely LOVE my CF stands with spools!! They are very robust. Quad wheels rule!! Couldn't be happier for just over $100 bucks!! I use them all the time now too. Bike is waaaay more stable on them than the side stand, etc.

Get ya some!!

Old 06-23-2006, 01:14 AM

Good deal, man. Yeah, I've had nothing but good luck with mine and it makes ya feel good to find a winner. For the price, I almost feel like I got the front stands for free, and I use 'em all the time.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:33 PM

any pictures of the checkered flag stands?

Old 06-26-2006, 12:35 AM

ORIGINAL: htc_sir

any pictures of the checkered flag stands?
www.checkeredflagmotorsports.net is where i got my stands. he basically took a set of pitbulls and made his own version with a few changes for the better. the front and rear are $125 shipped and are adustable on both front and rear. you can get them for spool and pad styles.

Quick Reply: Motocycle Stands