Most comfortable bike.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most comfortable bike.

I'm in the search of a new bike, and was wondering which bike out of the big four (Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Yamaha) is most comfortable for street riding. I went down to the dealer today and sat on three of the four. I realized that all of them had a realitively good feel but after 1/2 hour of riding I can imagine the strain the bike must have on your back and wrists. I also acknowledge the fact that these machines are meant for the track but in my predicament i'm only going to be riding on the street. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Default RE: Most comfortable bike.

Wrist pain will go away or be reduced as you relax, grip the tank with your knees and don't put a death grip on the throttle. I don't really get back pain when riding. My a$$ might hurt after an hour or more of riding without a stretch, but I guess this is typical of 600RRs.

Comfort between the different makes.... I guess it would depend on your build and what your body likes. 600RR fits me just fine. I don't need adjustable rear sets, cause mine is comfy just the way they are.

F4i can be more comfortable than the R bikes cause the clip ons are up higher. You might want to look into one of those.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:26 PM

I forgot to mention, most all bikes feel good when on the show room floor! It's when they are in motion is when you find out if it feels right or not. Now try to get the sales guy to let you test drive a sportbike

Old 06-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Ride red

Old 06-12-2006, 03:15 AM

go with honda. all the mags say that handa has the best chassie and most comfort. go with big red

Old 06-12-2006, 04:17 AM

go pick up either this months or last months motorcyclist magizine.. they have a liter bike showdown and everyone loves the RR, they say its the most comfortable to learn to ride and waht not.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 AM

[sm=redxX.gif]

Old 06-12-2006, 11:38 AM

The most comfortable bike will be the Honda Goldwing by a landslide! If you're looking for comfort you're looking at the wrong class of bike dude! Every sport bike is going to be uncomfortable in it's own special way...have you seen pictures of how these beasts make you sit...it's not very good posture...you know these bikes make you sit in a position of function and not comfort...it's all about mass centralization, low centers of gravity and aerodynamics...comfort was probably the last consideration when these bikes were designed.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:41 AM

I'm 6'2" 190 and the 600RR feels good with me on. Keep in mind I also have a bad knee and hip and it doesn't bother me unless I ride for extended periods of time. I haven't been on the other bikes but the CBR is decently comfortable. Good luck with your decision.
Jerrad

Old 06-12-2006, 02:25 PM

My dad just picked up a shadow and that thing is damn comfy!!! As im sure would be a goldwing, but that bike is a little...ok ALOT to big for me im only 150 lbs. I was thinking of geting a cruiser of some kind so I could take longer trips or go camping on it without lookin stupid carryin side bags lol.
Speakin of that, I was at racercefe.com...but the actual store the other day, and he was tellin me alot of people cary side vynal bags on thier rockets for trips and just take em off otherwise. anyone here do that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most comfortable bike.