More Expensive Paint Job

Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Expensive Paint Job

Just thought I would pass on this story to see what people thought, get a laugh, etc.

So there is a new Honda dealership out in Hollister, CA. Nice place. Great ride from where I live. I went in there just to check it out, and it seems they're selling their 07 CBR600RRs for $8299. Just this Saturday. Killer price. Part of their grand opening, etc, etc. The peal white/silver one is what is shown in the ad, but the price is good for all of them. So, I wanted to see if the place where I bought my F4i, and the same place I sent three of my buddies to buy bikes (each of whom spent between $9k and $18k for their Hondas/Ducatis), would match their price. So, I take the ad to my place and show it to a new salesman (my previous salesman left a month ago), ask him if he can match it, he takes it to the sales manager. When he comes back, he says they can do it for $8599, $300 more than Hollister Honda, due to the fact that they only have the Ultra Blue Metallic/Silver or the Red/Black and that, just the Blue/Silver, is a more expensive paint job. They even went so far as to say that they know for a fact that Hollister Honda won't sell you a blue/silver one for $8299 and they don't have any of the white/silver ones in stock. A more expensive paint job? Called 4 other shops in within about 100 miles of here and they all, without exception, threw the bull**** flag up in the air one that.

Does anyone wonder why salesmen are thought of so poorly? Needless to say, this weekend I will be sitting on a brand new 2007 Honda CBR600RR purchased from Hollister Honda. I'm not naming the other place, as I know a lot of people are pretty happy with their work and it ain't my job to drag anyone through the mud. However, it just pisses you off. Anyone got any good bull**** salesman stories? That has to be one of my favorites of the past year or so.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: More Expensive Paint Job

*shrugs* not a shocker, they suck all over.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHA! The dealer in my town (luckily, the dealer I did NOT buy my bike from) told me the Red/Black was a "special limited edition" and that it's selling for $9999. I laughed (overly laughed so they would notice that I'm not taking their BS) and walked out. Called up my dealer and hour away and told them about it and they laughed, because they sell ALL their 07's, regardless of color, for $8599 TTL included.

What a bunch of douches though. You should say, "yes sir, I'll take the more expensive color", and when they come to give you the credit app, fill the name in as "Bull S**t", hand it to them, smile and walk out. I would love to see the look on that douches' face that told you that.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:28 AM

you think thats bad the lowest i could get my dealer down to was 9200 befor taxes and tags and the set up fee. they suck in delaware.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 PM

hehe . the dealer here in Texas told one of the teachers ( hes an Computer network service teacher, and a damn good rider) that if he got the blue and silver one he would knock another 200 bucks off beacuse they where just not saleing ... so he would get it for 8400 before all the taxes and stuff ..

Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 PM

haha.. we had a big problem with one of our guys in my shop..(im in the military)

there is this place that is on the black list.. which is just a list of places they do not want military going because they lie and try and screw you over beacuse they know that if we end up not being able to pay for something. they will go to our command and get our money through dfas.. which is the company that pays us.. so they will get our money before we even see it. pretty messed up huh?

anyways.. this dealer gave him this whole bull **** story on this gsxr6 it was an 07 black.. he paied 15 grandfor this bike.. with like a free tire if anything happens to his.. and first oil change was free. they made him pay for the rear cowl.. (even though he didnt know because is new to riding. but suzuki gives that cowl with the bike..) and they also gave him a jacket and helmet.. BUT they actually just financed it all into his payments and what not..

after we showed him that he got ****ed on that bike.. the command got involvedand hes trying to sue them for lieing to him and not showing him his exact payments and what not and what he was paying for.. anyways.. about 2 weeks later.. after his msf course and safety course that the base makes you take to be able to ride on base.. he wakes me up at 3 in the morning.. he high sided his bike coming into the parking lot..you could see what happened from the tire marks and the entrance to the parking lot is full of sand.. i couldnt stop laughing..you could see 2 skid marks from both tires.. then where it caught on the tar and then where it landed in the grass.. he says was going so slow.. which i could tell was bull ****..

but thats what you get for going around not listening to experiance riders and thinking your josh hayes 2 weeks after your msf course.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

What a bunch of douches though. You should say, "yes sir, I'll take the more expensive color", and when they come to give you the credit app, fill the name in as "Bull S**t", hand it to them, smile and walk out. I would love to see the look on that douches' face that told you that.

AH HAH that made me laugh! On the topic though, i like and trust my salesman. He has sold bikes to several of my friends and i have not heard of any complaints. I live in Ky btw.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Timbo 007

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

AH HAH that made me laugh! On the topic though, i like and trust my salesman. He has sold bikes to several of my friends and i have not heard of any complaints. I live in Ky btw.
Timmy did you get yours from Doug or Kasey? Either way they are good guys and won't bull**** you there. They tried so hard to get me approved but it never happened there thats why I went somewhere else and got my honda.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:28 PM

Kasey sold me mine, and its beautiful haha.