Magic Key for the tool box??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magic Key for the tool box??

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

dude you dont have to take the fairing off. all i do is keep the pin clip out all the time cuz thats the only hard thing about getting too it, and it does nothing anyways.

then the side fairing screw/bolt twists off really easily. its like a twist and lock bolt. can be twisted with a quarter or a house key.

its really not that hard try it
Yeah, I'm familiar with it...I've had my fairings off quite a few times...just never thought to leave the pin clip out...not a bad idea, but I got enough storage space under my passenger seat.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 AM

yeah, the only thing i can fit under my tail is paper. so i basically just learned how to use the side pouch thing. still not a whole lot of room, but it comes in handy if i have no backpack

Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM

what do you have in your back seat that you can only fit a piece of paper. Ive put my wallet glasses case, keys, cell phone, and some other small random things in there

Old 06-30-2008, 03:35 PM

i dont know man, i just dont use it. i got used to the side thing which i almost gaurantee has more space in it then the tail and just dont use the tail anymore. i just keep legal documents like reg and insurance back there and dont touch the seat again.

tamatoe tamatoe(said differently)

Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM

I have no room except for paper under my back seat, we are all talking about the 600RR, right? Maybe different years have more room, but mine (2004) has just enough room for my registration and insurance card.

The tool kit is silly...it's heavy and I just took mine out. Your ignition key will open it, maybe your using the wrong key...my bike came with two keys, maybe one is like a valet key and won't open the back seat or tool kit? That really makes no sense though...

I'm too **** not to rock the pin clip, I'd rather look at the clip than a hole in the top of the fairing...I even bought new ones to put in there...

Old 06-30-2008, 04:40 PM

haha i need new ones. and new side screws for the mids.....somehow they all fell out during my last road trip.. im so sad....

next time i wont be retarded and ill go over every nut and bolt before leaving on a 500 mi road trip

Old 06-30-2008, 04:44 PM

I found honda-partsdirect.com to be the cheapest, and carolinacycle.com is good also...their OEM parts finder is easy to use and I buy the individual bolts and clips that I need as I need them.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:40 PM

imalmost ready to pull my fairings off just to lookfor this damn tool box but before i do can someone letme know if the 08s even have one and where exactly it is

Old 06-30-2008, 05:53 PM

08? no idea. 05 06 has them fo sho

Old 06-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

Well I used a screw driver and opened er up..and found........................yea that is, thats what I found, a whole lot of periods in a row.

Haha, actually I found previous owners insurance papers. Theres more room in there than under the rear seat, but its to hot to put 'somthing of great protection in there' if you catch my drift...you know, business time..... youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

Quick Reply: Magic Key for the tool box??