Made My Decision RR vs F4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made My Decision RR vs F4i

Well guys, today after I flew the jet back from Wash DC to Atlanta, I hauled out the Z06 Vette & headed up to Southern Powersports Honda in Chattanooga, TN. This was after spending 40 minutes on hold trying to get ahold of a sales person. VERY rude receptionist by the way. I nearly side-stepped Southern Powersports Honda, but figured they would have the biggest selection + best prices.

Anyway, met up with a pretty cool dude up there - Mike Kelly. He's a Harley dude, but heh! He actually helped me & sells a lots of RRs and F4is. He was willing to take me to the warehouse to sit on bikes.

I spent about 1 hour sitting on the RR & the F4i side by side. I made up my mind..... CBR 600 RR FOR ME!!!!!!

Why?

* The RR felt more compact underneath me.
* I felt more "one" with it even sitting still.
* The comfort difference doesn't seem as extreme to me as I supposed. (Keep in mind I raced bicycles in grad school + rode a bicycle across the USA one summer 2,500 miles, so time in the saddle is something my butt is used to. Motorcycle seats are considerably more comfy than racing bicycle seats).
* The RR looks a bit better in person than the F4i - obviously that's subjective.
* I gotta have a RED/BLACK bike. I've always driven RED/BLACK sports cars (Corvettes), so this tradition has to continue. RR makes that happen!

Anyway, now I've got some questions:

1. How much is insurance? I'm with State Farm for my cars & house. What do you recommend?
2. Is the extende warranty recommended if I go new?
3. Would you go new if you were me? Yes I can afford it, but I'd also like to save some $$$.
4. Who are the best accessories vendors for riding clothes, leathers, helmets, etc???

Thanks in advance!!! You guys really were helpful in getting me started & I appreciate it!!

By the way, today the prices just jumped $400 for the RR. $7683.00 now. Bummer!![:@]

Old 02-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Retired Mod
Default RE: Made My Decision RR vs F4i

congrats on the choice. as far as new vs. used, i would go with a new bike. there always is the talk about dropping bikes and such, but if i had the money i would buy new. and definately get the extended warranty. it sounds to me like this will be a bike that you plan on keeping for a while. and one trip to the service shop for something serious and the warranty more than pays for itself. as far as the gear goes, check out www.newenough.com they carry alot of the gear that you will need. and don't let the name fool you. its brand new stuff but mostly last years models. like they now have the 2005 gear line. and it's bunches cheaper than the new designed stuff. also check around with the sponsors on here and see what they have to offer. and since you will be buying quite a bit of stuff, they could very likely cut you a good deal. good luck and have fun!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 PM

Thx 929!! I'll do exactly that.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:37 PM

State Farm has the best rates hands down for motorcycle insurance. $14 and change per month for me, full coverage. I'm 32.

Nice choice...I have an '05 RR (was red and black but removed all decals...so just red)

Congrats bro!!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:15 AM

damn cjbettis, wish i could get that kind of insurance.. what state?.. i'm going to insurance mine in CDA,Idaho (summer home) and get it for $20 per month minmium insurance [:'(], age 20

Old 02-02-2006, 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Vermino

damn cjbettis, wish i could get that kind of insurance.. what state?.. i'm going to insurance mine in CDA,Idaho (summer home) and get it for $20 per month minmium insurance [:'(], age 20
that is so cheap though!! have you seen what some people on here have to pay...and at 20, great job!! seriously.

oh yeah, Oregon

Old 02-02-2006, 03:40 AM

the 600RR is due for a major revamp in 2007 so i don't think i would justify buying a new one in its last year of production

that said, my bike is insured with State Farm but my cars & home are not. And its a matter of time before i move all of them to Amex.

last but not the least the best accessories' vendors are the ones who will match the lowest prices, internet or not.
I'm lucky enough to find local resellers who do that for me. You can find them around your area ... all you have to do is ask.
Try everything on @ the dealer, see what fits, see what looks good and then go online and see who can sell you the same for lesser

Old 02-02-2006, 03:44 AM

well my 95' CBR600 F3 was $125 in vegas a month, but that's vegas.. yeah for a 20 year old it's nice.. but that's just liability (if i spelt it right), so if i get in a wreck.. i pay for their car, whoopie haha.. I want to cover my bike this time, cant remember the quote price.. but it was kind-of bad..

but i do like that i'm going to save $100 per month when i do get insurance. (parents loaned me the money for the bike and put the bike under their insurance.. so i was paying about $450 a month - $125 for the insurance, and $325 a month for bike payment loan)

also, question.. doesnt your record get cleaned when you hit 21? i heard it from somewhere the insurance agencies and police clean all ticket records and accident reports (that are not serious) away when you hit it, if not past 4 years of the date..

Old 02-02-2006, 03:49 AM

ORIGINAL: menefreghista

the 600RR is due for a major revamp in 2007 so i don't think i would justify buying a new one in its last year of production

that said, my bike is insured with State Farm but my cars & home are not. And its a matter of time before i move all of them to Amex.

last but not the least the best accessories' vendors are the ones who will match the lowest prices, internet or not.
I'm lucky enough to find local resellers who do that for me. You can find them around your area ... all you have to do is ask.
Try everything on @ the dealer, see what fits, see what looks good and then go online and see who can sell you the same for lesser
wait wait, so dont get a 07 RR? im thinking for a 04' 05'. Dont want anything too new.. but will this affect other year model prices you think?.. why is honda revamping anyways? they going to re-think the 600RR..?

Old 02-02-2006, 04:05 AM

Congrats on the bike man!
As for the question to the RR prices, around here even a new 05RR can and will go for msrp, so i don't think they will do too much bargaining between the 05-06 cause there isn't much difference.

And for my insurance(Country) i have full coverage at $310 a year on a 2005 600RR (And I'm 18).

Quick Reply: Made My Decision RR vs F4i