MAAAAN I JUST GOT JACKED!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAAAAN I JUST GOT JACKED!!!!!

Im gettin those alarm locks for sure, unfortunatly no lojack in ohio yet.. I keep mine in a garage, but work at the hospital downtown so i look in on it like every 1/2 hour it seems, pluse i just like lookin at her...

Old 05-18-2007, 10:17 AM

matter of fact i'm ordering my locks right now...got me scared

Old 05-18-2007, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mpnco
apt complexes are prime targets for everything it seems... yeah I had the steering locked.
sorry to hear that, i hope the insurance will pay you back.
was your rear tire anchored to anything?

Old 05-18-2007, 11:56 PM

I was freaking out on Tuesday when I picked up my 600 from the dealership. I live in an apartment with no garage and was planning on keeping it parked outside. So that same day I started doing some research on security systems and facts about bike theft. I found out 2 things: 1 - If a thief wants your bike, they're going to get it no matter what you've done to keep your bike safe. And 2 - The Honda CBR 600RR is the #1 stolen bike in the U.S. So I brought the bike over to my friend's house and I'm keeping it locked up in his garage with his R6. I'm just not willing to take the chance.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:13 AM

those locks with the noise alert sounds GREAT!!!! and also that is some good bit of info on the theft of the RR... I myself am a researcher but didnt find that out LOL.. I was wondering why a honda???? but now I know. VERY INTERESTING....

Old 05-19-2007, 10:29 AM

your best bet is to go to a bike shop - like a trek store - and get the cable lock they sell. it can be cut but requires more time than most cable/chain locks. this would make your bike the least desirable to take since I am sure some other guy has a cbr unlocked in town

Old 05-19-2007, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: 2003cbr600rr

this would make your bike the least desirable to take since I am sure some other guy has a cbr unlocked in town
Yeah.... That guy is me. I am pretty paranoid right now, and just got a fatty pay check yesterday, so I am out to buy some safety gear.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:11 PM

well now I have to wait 3 wks for the bike to be recovered and if not state farm is going to give me the value of the bike...I should come out good cuz I owe less than it is worth anyway.I hope its not recovered though cuz I would feel different riding it anyway, like violated ya know... just give me a new one ya feel me....

Old 05-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best thing (for me anyway) is a proximity equipped alarm system........

You set a distance from the bike you want the alarm to panic on (let's say a 5 foot radius from the bike.) The alarm will beep a couple times per second if someone enters that radius with the alarm activated. They have 5-7 seconds to move away from the bike or the alarm goes off. Also, your key fob will start beeping too, letting you know your alarm is going off.

You can also get an alarm that immediately calls/text messages your cell phone when your alarm goes off too.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:07 AM

if they really want to steal your bike there going to. BUT if you make it more difficult for them they will usually weigh the odds of stealing the bike and making a profit and geting caught. the more difficult you make it to steal the bike the more likly they will be caught and they will most likly go and find another bike that is a softer target.

so here is my advice if you live in a complex and have to leave it out side.

1) cover the bike up when your not using it. if they dont know what kind of bike it is there less likly to mess with it.
2) but it in a heavly traveled area of your apartment where there are usually people and is well light.
3)chain it to something the more time they have to spend freeing the bike the more likly they will be cuaght.
4) if you have the money get a alarm especially one with a perimiter alarm, or a disk lock if it goes off while there trying to free the bike from being chained it incresses there chance of being cuaght they will most likly leave.

5) have theft insurance there just is no replacement for this

Quick Reply: MAAAAN I JUST GOT JACKED!!!!!