Looking for tips on front end parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for tips on front end parts

Hey, I just recently upgraded to an rr, but it was wrecked. I am still looking for some front end parts. I basiclly need the nose piece, headlight, windshield, mirrors, staybracket,air ducts, and any little clips and other pieces up in there. Im not really sure where the best place to go is. I have been watching ebay, and will post in the classifieds. It would be nice if I could get everything at once, but don't want to spend a million bucks. Any thoughts or leads as to where to go would be helpful.
Thanks, John

Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Looking for tips on front end parts

Ebay is good for cheap wrecked parts, www.honda-partsdirect.com and carolinacycle are good for the misc. OEM clips and small pieces you'll need... and search 600rr.net as well, they have a ton of parts for 600RR for sale.

What year is your bike? I have a whole front fork set off my minty '04 600RR to sell... both triple trees, steering stem, front axleand front fender as well. PM me if you need anything...

Old 01-27-2009, 09:02 PM

Hey, Thanks for the tips. I have been watching ebay pretty closely. I do need the forks and clamps, but I have an 05. Thanks though. I will check the site out. Hopefully I can get a decent deal on ebay.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:45 PM

check craigslist dude.. i got alot of my parts off there. oem honda mirrors are 95 bucks a piece.. they have aftermarket look just like em for 18 bucks.. front cowl should cost you around 150-250, got mine for 75 but it has alil crack on it.. just check around.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by onecarcrazykid
Hey, Thanks for the tips. I have been watching ebay pretty closely. I do need the forks and clamps, but I have an 05.
if you need a full fork set up i think most CBR forks will fit as long as you have triple clamps that match.

a lot of people swap front ends to get inverted forks onto bike like F4is and 03/04 600RRs.

maybe something to look into to broaden your search for forks. just make sure you read up on what matches what.