Looking to Buy a 2007 CBR600rr

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to Buy a 2007 CBR600rr

I am looking to buy a New 2007 CBR600, this will be the first bike I have bought. Any Suggestions on riding this bike? I did ride some dirt bikes when I was younger but that has been years ago.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Looking to Buy a 2007 CBR600rr

welcome to the site. i would honestly tell you to read up on some threads on here (really recent ones too) of all the new riders in your same position ad who have already wrecked. im not saying this to tr and scare you or some **** , but you need to b ehonest with your self and the last thing you do (quite honestly might be) is get on one of these bikes and get cocky and arrogant and you might not get the chance to learn from your mistakes.

with that being said i would suggest taking the msf course to start. then after that if you can id say get an f3 and learn to ride on the street. since its not a 10k bike if you drop it or wreck it wont be as bad to you financially. but if you are dead set on getting a new 07 600rr get the white and silver ! haha

they are great machines that need to be ridden with respect and a cool head. good luck to ya . hope you'll be around for a while

Old 07-15-2007, 04:21 PM

fortunaly this bike is very forgiving and the power doesnt come on that fast
as long as you are smooth with all the controls life is good

Old 07-16-2007, 05:46 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: baxsom

fortunaly this bike is very forgiving and the power doesnt come on that fast
as long as you are smooth with all the controls life is good

"Very Forgiving" and "Power doesn't come on that fast"????? - I don't know what bike you're talking about.

These are far more twitchy than any dirt bike I've ever ridden. And the power is enough to scare the s**t out of you if you don't know what you're doing. Search this site and find all the "new rider wanting a 600RR as first bike" threads. Yes, some new riders can handle a 600RR just fine as their first bike, but that's usually 1 out of many others that didn't fare so well.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:03 AM

hi Aggressor where you live let me know i find good deal for you there few 2006 for 7200 with 5 maile

Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Let me add a little bit more info, I am 6'3" and weight between 250 and 260lbs. I plan on taking the state ran Motorcycle safety course, also my roommate also has been riding for years. I have been reading up on things and will not be taking it out on the road till I feel comfortable riding it in my lot at work.

I will give the bike the due respect it deserves.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 PM

My '06 was the first bike I have owned and I have not had any problems riding it. I also ride with caution and observe all posted limits and warnings. If you don't get cocky or too excited you should be able to do it.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:16 PM

Hi Agressor,

I would actually recomment somthing like a ninja 250 as the first street bike with sporty feeling. But if you are hell bent on getting a 600 do take a test ride on Suzuki 650V. Its almost a naked version of 600 race replica bike but is much more foregiving.

And if you have made up ur mind.......do not take your bike unless you have the frame sliders installed at the dealership. The first gear on these RR bikes is very tall and can take you upto 65-70mph. And this should make it clear that how jerky it can be. Its not even the power while going, even the front breakes will surprise you unless you have experience with sport bike with dual disk brake in front. If you get it take it very easy and slow and ride in empty streets untill you get the feel of the throttle and breaks. I know and have read many places how a new rider took his 600 on the street and somebody in a cage cut him off and our new rider jumped on front or rear..........and you know what happens next. Target fixation is another big problem. I have seen a few accidents on totally empty streets where the biker hit the pole with his new shiny supersport or superbike.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 PM

the 07 600rr was my first bike and ive never ridding one before that other than quads. just be smart with it and be a very defensive driver. there is alot of power to the bike. more then you need but its a very nice ride. ill never get anything different. been happy with mine ever since i got it.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be careful...if you get it...sure you can ride all slow and put put around...but then why not get a 500 to do that in instead?
you'll want to go fast...you'll want to show off...but you must resist the urge to do so...

as for being smooth...yes...you have to be smooth...but in the 'in case $hit' situations, the stuff in the road situations (rocks, gravel, car, wetness, etc.)...you'll be SOL because experience to fight instinct comes only with saddle time...and knowing what to do only comes with saddle time...in these instances...the extra power of the bike will bite you hard.

Quick Reply: Looking to Buy a 2007 CBR600rr