Just bought my first bike...need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my first bike...need some advice

hey guys yesterday i picked up my first motorcycle. I have very limited experience, but i have a lot of friends that ride and have let me ride thier bikes before. With this limited experience i have already ordered frame sliders for the bike and i am interested in looking into exhaust for sound only...any performance gain i could care less about... but i cant take hearing my engine rev and not the exhaust..

Thanks
Louie

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...rstdaymile.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25.../firstday3.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25.../firstday2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25.../firstday1.jpg

Old 05-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Just bought my first bike...need some advice

Grats on the moto ,welcome to the site...and i would recommend a 2 bros...LOL..5 whole miles huh..dont forget the fender eliminator..soo any mods soooo little time.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:55 PM

congrats on the bike! i agree with freek... 2 bros sound great!

Old 05-25-2006, 03:04 PM

ok cool...where is the best place to order the two bros from? what is the best price?

I already ordered frame rails...

Louie

Old 05-27-2006, 02:27 PM

i would say that before you do anything to the bike learn to ride it first and take a msf course. they wil teach you so muc tere. a friend of mine is an instructor and i know from going with him on the weekends when he is teaching and there are guys that show up with 15 years riding experience that learn stuff they never knew and they thought they knew everything about motorcycle riding. i cant stress enough about taking a motorcycle safety course. i know when i took mine my insurance went down 10%. so i was very happy that i did it and i learn a lot. it helped me to be a better and more responsible rider.

Old 05-27-2006, 06:04 PM

your gonna die...

lol, jk. Nice bike

Old 05-27-2006, 06:14 PM

THAT"S FUNNY !!!!!.....................no really seriose man, congrates on the bike, be cool, DONT BE A "SQUID" and hurt, mame or kill yerself [:'(], listen to ever body here and you might live [&:]
ORIGINAL: JBaz

your gonna die...

lol, jk. Nice bike

Old 05-28-2006, 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: city worker

THAT"S FUNNY !!!!!.....................no really seriose man, congrates on the bike, be cool, DONT BE A "SQUID" and hurt, mame or kill yerself [:'(], listen to ever body here and you might live [&:]

your gonna die...

lol, jk. Nice bike
You people are out of control. Yo your bike is just like mine. Yours is probably alot cleaner than mine. Personally I think you should get aquainted w/ it first. Break it in, get used to the brakes, the way it handles. After about 5k mi then mod it if you don't need to replace anything. I'm not trying to be mean just real w/ you. Leave it be. After you install the sliders you'll deal w/ the stock exhaust. I pass cops at 85-90 mph and thay don't know I'm there. The only thing I'll recommend is a HID kit. Lights are highly under rated!!!!!! I put about 11 miles on my 06 before I put the HIDS on. Now I have over 6K mi. on the bike. They should have come stock w/ them!!!!! I will say this to anyone, THE SINGLE BEST MOD I'VE DONE!!!!! Hands down. Good luck and be safe!

Old 05-28-2006, 12:32 PM

Great looking bike. I love the all black look.

As for the sound of the exhaust, your right, the stock is exhaust is pretty tame. However, you are probably still breaking in the engine, so you are keeping it under 6000 RPM, which is good. After your break-in period you'll be able to get it over 6K, at which point even the stock exhaust starts to scream. So I'd suggest holding off on the exhaust for now.

The frame sliders are a great idea. My only other recommendation would be to save the $$$ for the exhaust and buy yourself some QUALITY riding gear, including a REAL helmet (if you don't have one), a solid jacket and gloves, and some boots. If you can, go leather on the jacket and gloves. And don't go economy brands on the helmet. Arai, Shoei, Suomy helmets are tops.

Congrats, welcome to the forum.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Ok I'm sorry fer pickin on ya, just haven a little fun I know I was out of control[sm=bounceybounce.gif] it was a saturday feelin good thought I'de be funny sorry about that, got to realize that you were askin a serious question and I was bein a smart ***, wishin I had all the money for all those after market goody's, but with house mortgage, wife's truck pymnt, elect, water,FOOD, and other nessesity's I can't affored( fellin sorry for me yet ??[&o])HA! HA! HA!
ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

ORIGINAL: city worker

your gonna die...

lol, jk. Nice bike
You people are out of control. Yo your bike is just like mine. Yours is probably alot cleaner than mine. Personally I think you should get aquainted w/ it first. Break it in, get used to the brakes, the way it handles. After about 5k mi then mod it if you don't need to replace anything. I'm not trying to be mean just real w/ you. Leave it be. After you install the sliders you'll deal w/ the stock exhaust. I pass cops at 85-90 mph and thay don't know I'm there. The only thing I'll recommend is a HID kit. Lights are highly under rated!!!!!! I put about 11 miles on my 06 before I put the HIDS on. Now I have over 6K mi. on the bike. They should have come stock w/ them!!!!! I will say this to anyone, THE SINGLE BEST MOD I'VE DONE!!!!! Hands down. Good luck and be safe!

Quick Reply: Just bought my first bike...need some advice