It's been a while

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's been a while

Well, I haven't posted in a while, and now that I have reason to, I'll restart my addiction to this forum. The topic today. My bike is falling out of gear. Twice last night while I was in 5th, it fell to fourth, and twice while I was in 6th it fell to 5th. Both times I was near redline, so when it fell down a gear it bounced on the rev limiter. I've heard of this happening to other bikes, just never to a 600rr. Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe it's time to switch froma synthetic to a semi synthetic. Other then that, I don't know.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: It's been a while

Is is still under warranty? A buddy of mine (owns a older model R1) had a similar problem, and the dealer (same one I go to, the only dealer I actually trust) just replaced most of the transmission components. Runs fine now.

But I've also heard that an adjustment can be made somehow to overcome that. Not sure on the CBR though. Would talk to a shop or dealer (one that won't screw you.)

Old 09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is still under warranty (thankyou honda extended warranty.) I've never dealt with any dealer working on my bike. Any suggestions on how not to get screwed if I want them to look at it.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, I would ask around about the dealers in your town. Go to the ones you hear the most postive things about. The dealer should look at it for free. You need to tell them (if you suspect you will be bent over) that it's under warranty, and that you know that you are not supposed to be charged one penny to have something checked that is under warranty. If they try to charge you ANYTHING, they're trying to rip you off. Tell them to screw themselves (makes you feel better), you know how this works, and walk away. This will get them thinking "maybe we shouldn't knowingly rip off our customers." Try a different dealer.

I got lucky and a lot of people told me to avoid Las Cruces Motorsports (here in my town). They are known to rip people off BIG TIME and screw them with service and stuff. I heard great things (nothing negative) about Alamo Cycle Center (an hour away-my dealer) so I bought my bike from them (3,500.00 cheaper too!) I deal with them for everything, and they impress me every time. A few guys that work for them race at the local track, so they know that they are talking about with just about anything I ask them.

Not sure where you live, but you should have a dealer like this somewhere around you, though you might have to drive an hour or more to get to it.