CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Integrated Taillight Problem (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/integrated-taillight-problem-62002/)

Woody6799 03-10-2008 10:19 PM

Integrated Taillight Problem

04 600RR... I just got my clear alternatives (sp) integrated tail and here is the problem....

Taillight works, brake light works, blinkers well.... dont blink....

I took my factory taillight and cut off the plug, wired the ignition, brake light and ground in and plugged it back into the factory harness. Then I have two positive leads for the blinkers. When I attach the blinkers to their respective factory wires, they come on but stay solid, no flash. If I touch them to ground so they spark they begin flashing like they are supposed to. I have tried resistores of all different sorts and sizes but to no avail. Defective tail? Am I missing something? Should I just throw it off a cliff? lol I have no idea what the problem could be. I have LED flushmounts in the front and the LED integrated tail in the rear.

Anyone?

bobjoezx 03-10-2008 10:31 PM

RE: Integrated Taillight Problem

hmm sorta confusing.. but you have a 3 wire setup.. one if for the blinkers and one is for the light, when you use the intregrated there is one for igntion, one for ground, then just use one the postive blinker wire for the blinkers and the postive for the brake and so on..

but if that is what you are doing, i had the same problem wiht my custom undertail i had for my 954.. the led there was something wrong and NO MATTER WHAT i did i could not make eveyrthing work like it should.. sounds sorta like your problem, i could not get blinkers to work, sent the LED part back, got a new one, wired it up like it's supposed to be and BAM everything works, make sure you have the wiring correct, and if so maybe return the tail light for exchange

bieniu 03-11-2008 01:09 AM

so when u turn on your blinker they switch to yellow but stay lit right ?

chris99 03-11-2008 02:00 AM

there should be two wires for each blinker. Green I think with something like an orange and white stripe on each. I think this is correct. Bluefox will know for sure.
One of the two is a constant on and the other is the blinking. Just turn the blinker on and connect each wire at a time and u should be able to determine which is the one u want.
when I did my flush mount signals I ended up wiring them to stay lit. I like the look better. When I put my signal on they cut out and just the backs blink. The same thing should happen if you turn ur blinker on as u have it wired now.

Hope this is the solution to your problem

chris99 03-11-2008 02:04 AM

also, I just spliced the wires together and bypassed the plastic harness all together. That might help.
if the other guy is right, it might just be a defective led. Putting the ground to is to make it blink doesn't really diagnose the issue

iroc 03-11-2008 06:48 AM

i just wired one up a couple days ago....my factory plug didnt connect very well so i wired around it but as far as the blinkers go ...it was an orange wire paired w/ a green and a blue wire paired w/ a green...use one orange to one side then the blue to the other make sure u have a strong tight connection or the light will give u issues...if it still doesnt blink properly send it back...one cant be worried if his blinkers are working while one is riding....good luck

ps the fuse box is under the left fairing :D

shoortbuss 03-11-2008 11:46 AM

I didn't read all the replies yet, but my guess is that it IS blinking, but so fast that it doesn't appear to be blinking. In that case, you need to install resistors.

bobjoezx 03-11-2008 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

I didn't read all the replies yet, but my guess is that it IS blinking, but so fast that it doesn't appear to be blinking. In that case, you need to install resistors.
maybe you didn't read all the replies.. but you didn't read the problem either.. he tired resistors.. and that's not his problem.. he is either wiring it wrong.. or his LED is faulty

shoortbuss 03-11-2008 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

maybe you didn't read all the replies.. but you didn't read the problem either.. he tired resistors.. and that's not his problem.. he is either wiring it wrong.. or his LED is faulty

Oh okay, I missed that. Well seeing as how he already "tired" resistors, then my guess is that he did it wrong. What do the front signals do when all this is happening?

Woody6799 03-11-2008 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: bieniu

so when u turn on your blinker they switch to yellow but stay lit right ?
Yea, solid yellow