I'm back w/ my bike...finally

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm back w/ my bike...finally

Well, I got my 06' 600rr in March, got clipped by a Drunk driver in Long Beach in May and now I am back with the same bike...just a little diffrent. Enjoy the pix...

Any one in SOCAL want to ride, I'm in Huntington Beach. Have done Palomar/Ortega/Azusa. Have a small group, always lookin' for other riders. *Mature riders plz*

[IMG]local://upfiles/6608/CE15CF880A634BD68C642C08CFFB457F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6608/6ED50257AD8943D79BFB3CAD6ADD19AB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-14-2006, 04:24 AM
Default RE: I'm back w/ my bike...finally

WHO DID YOU HAVE PAINT IT? AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST? i HAD A FALL 2 WEEKS AGO AT THE LOS ANGELES CREST SCRATCHED THE LEFT SIDE A BIT BUT NOT TOO BAD THANKS TO THE SLIDERS I PUT ON. I JUST NEED TO SAND DOWN A FEW SPOTS AND REPAINT...I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU HAD ANY INFO ON WHO COULD FIX THIS FOR ME.THANX.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job on the looks of the bike. I like the paint scheme. If I lived in Cali, I would look you up, but I'm in crappy southern New Mexico (a LOT of retarded, immature, show-off sportbike riders around here). I went riding with a group the other day, but no one knew how to ride AS a group. It was freaking chaos. I left before the idiot behind me had a chance to take me out (contantly less than a foot away from my rear tire at 50mph - even after I told him to back off).

Good looking bike man, glad to hear you back riding again.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:25 PM

My Brother is running the shop formally known as 'Ducman' in Huntington Beach, now its CORSAUSA in Garden Grove. The guy that did the paint was a moron...the paint is actually pretty ****ty...just alot of orange peal...he didnt take the time to polish it out. I know the Paint was $500 for the gallon *PPG from DUPONT* and i'm not sure about the clear coat. The Decal kit was a generic kit from Europe. It cost $275.00. A normal 'race job' not 'show quality' woul go around $2,000-3,000 for this sceem. Call me nutz, but its the going rate...I paid $900..about the 'cost' of all the materials. Now, I only paid that cause the guy was new and my bike was a test bike. I was pissed at first, but actually...for what I paid...if I do lay it down, I wont be so mad lol.

I can hook you up with the guy....and get you a good price...I also have a parts unlimited account, so I get parts at cost + 20%. Better then paying 200% over cost at a shop 8)~ lol. Just PM me with your e-mail and we can go from there. Pic of the crash / bad spots on the bike would be accpreciated. I could fix you up. I DO have a left side fairing thats been fixed and painted blue like my bike as a extra, if it happens to be the left side mid. I also have a head light, and a rear set (right side).

Old 10-14-2006, 05:48 PM

That looks really great, orange peel or not! Tell more about the drunk idiot though, curious to hear about that.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:03 PM

Comming down Ocean BLVD. in long beach. Got to LB Blvd. and it makes a turn. As I came into the intersection, I was rollin' around 35 mph. As I came up, i checked up and looked both ways, this is at 11:00pm. Just as I enterd I saw a white mustang hallin' ***...to late....I down shiffted from 5th to 2nd and popped it hard. He scrapped my rear tire and pushed my *** out to the left. I tried to lay it down, but the good tired did they job and caught back. High sided and tumbled with the bike. Rear set went though my boot, broke my foot. I slid like superman on the assfault for like 30ft. ate my jacket a little, pealed my pants apart and I had moderate road rash on my knee and pelvic bone.

Guy took off....my buddy happen to be in his truck when this happend, came up to see what happend, HEY...PETER!!!! you ok!!?!?!, So, thats the story. I ended up getting lucky to fix it for basicaly nothing.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:29 AM

Damn, that sucks. I really hate people sometimes, especially the ones who are like "hurray for me and to hell with you!" They'll get theirs someday, it always comes around.

Old 10-15-2006, 03:32 AM

Hey man, I live in Long Beach, East side, palo verde/spring.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow definitely like the Bike! ALot!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 02:58 PM

I know palo/spring. Ive done a couple jobs over there. What you ride man?

Quick Reply: I'm back w/ my bike...finally