i want a cbr but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i want a cbr but...

the new kawi's suck man. i talked my buddy out of getting one then he want a r6, dam kid telling him to get at cbr600rr.

get the 09 they look sick as **** spec the white one . dont get a kawi's. i wouldnt even take it if someone gave it to me....wait i would but than id jus sell it for parts money for my 600rr

Old 10-20-2008, 12:46 PM

SERIOUSLY!? I'm gonna go ahead and +1 the first guy regarding asking a Honda Forum about a Kawi bike...Remind me when I get home to punch your mother square in the mouth.

I used to ride Kawi, until I had 1 stolen and a major accident (which saved my life! Found a tumor, didn't know about it blah blah blah) But I took it as a divine sign from God...

No not that I shouldn't be riding motorcycles....that I shouldn't be riding KAWI HAHA!

I haven't been happier since I got my Honda, I was so afraid to be one of those "Honda this, Honda that" guys who always talk about how awesome they are. But I AM that guy.

Oh well, you can hate on Starbucks as a corporate giant all you want, but there is no denying they make one helluva good cup of coffee. And the same can be said about Honda. They engineer an awesome bike that has the best of everything: exceptional performanceacross the board coupled with comfort, camaraderie and a manufacturer who cares about their customers.

I'm out. *Drops his mike and exits stage left throwin up a peace sign*

Old 10-20-2008, 01:54 PM

Regardless of what bike is the "top bike" it will only be the top bike for a year. When the manufactures put out the next year model. So you might have the best one for now but not tomorrow. Wanting a bike for its "top bike" appeal is the wrong reason for wanting to ride. You'll never ride any bike to its max performance capabilities.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:19 PM

No better way to find out what you want until you get out there and check it out.. your bike will find you..you came into a honda forum asking if you should buy anything other than a honda.... and of course cbr forum says "hell no" and i completely agree.. On the other hand if you went to a kawasaki forum they might tell you the complete opposite.. I feel that hondas are the best.. High quality although it can get pricey it is well worth it. top speed also shouldnt be a concern.. all these bikes are fast but it is extremely rare for anyone to just be riding to speed. Honda is quality when it comes down to it. Go with honda and you will never regret it

Old 10-20-2008, 05:33 PM

thats true guys thanks... just a question. why do they go with side mounted exhaust now, its so dam ugly!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

as far as the raitings in those magazines go i think its r6, cbr, ninja, gsx. from frist to last.
Nope, CBR1000RR first.

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...out-78761.html

I absolutely love mine.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 PM

i was talkin about the 600 class

Old 10-20-2008, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

i was talkin about the 600 class
Yep, and if I had read more closely I would have noticed that.

I stand corrected.

The 1000RR is still a hottie.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:16 PM

I find this thread a bit strange... Am I the only one?

Old 10-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: polarissucks

thats true guys thanks... just a question. why do they go with side mounted exhaust now, its so dam ugly!
Mass Centralization. It brings the weight as low to the ground as possible, as well and centralizing it. Better for handling and stability.....even though Honda has really never had a problem with it. Though, I do see Honda eventually putting the side exhaust on the 600RR's for the next major redesign (2011 models) since they already went that way with the 08 1000RR.