I need some help tio get her back on the road

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need some help tio get her back on the road

so this morning i told my girl to start my bike(04 600RR) and by accident she left the ignition swith stuck on, i noticed and fixed it. I went on with my day, well i was leaving and i tried to start the bike but no start. When i turn the start swith to ON i can hear it go on, and i try the swith and nothing, so i just jump started it (did the running and dropping the cluth thing) just to get me home. So right now i'm about to take her apart..... I'm thinking 1) just the ignition swith 2) a fuse 3) starter....thats all i got. SO i was wondering if i can hear ya'lls input regarding my problem. I'm also trying to self-teach mechanic work as i go along. Thank you for ya'lls time
---Alex

Old 04-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Registered Users

Ok so I would start with the switch yea its the biggest cost but if even after you take your key out then its still on that is without a guess the switch but if im reading it wrong just let me know...... if it is the switch I can get you a good price on one.... thanks Ghost

Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM

well when i take the key off everything is normal and when i turn it on everything is normal until i press the start swith (the one on the bottom, NOT the engine swith) to start the bike nothing happens....thanks Ghost

Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered Users

I would follow my wires if not that ummm pull the clip-on housing off and see if the wires in there are all gravy..... If that dont work i would see about the fuze... when you take your seat off there will be a main fuze i think its 15amps that runs the main housing i would check that one first...
Ghost

Old 04-08-2009, 05:30 PM

so i checked all my fuzes and even the starter fuze and they were all good. i open the clip-on housing and it lookn fine a little dirty tho... so now i'm left thinking its my starter, but if it was the starter should have the fuze blown out?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 AM

My 06 did the same thing, turned key everything came on tach went up then back down...lights ect. I hit the button st start it ...nothing. I checked fuses and it turned out my battery had enough juice to run everything just not enough juice to turn the bike over.....hope that helps.
I was able to jump it or clutch start it but as soon as I turned the bike off it would not turn over....
I also charged the battery and it showed that the battery was fully charged and still would run everything but would not turn over

I changed my battery 2mnths ago and everything is fine

check your battery

Old 04-09-2009, 01:12 PM

It's your battery yo.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 AM

+1 on the battery. Also, check out what people have to say about jumping the bike. Some people say that it is detrimental to a bike.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:09 PM

pushing it off like he did is fine
and i'm with everybody else on it being the battery

Old 04-11-2009, 03:24 PM

I order the housing for the engine switch, so i can get rid off the sticky button. I'm going to go buy a new battery tommorrow to see if that helps, Thanks for the responses

Quick Reply: I need some help tio get her back on the road