I graduated !

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I graduated !

I think that with this morning's ride I finally graduated from beginner rider to intermediate motorcyclist rider!

Today I finally personally experienced two NEW things that I've read so much about in the MSF manual and was clueless too.

First off was the thing where in the Motorcyclist manual it said that it is OK for motorcyclist to make turns on red lights (any direction) as long as
1 You have waited far longer than usual (2+ turns at the red light) and the light still hasn'tturnGreen.
2 There are no traffic as far as the eye can see.(As long as your skill permits with 1st-GO)T
The dang green arrow for making left turns NEVER came on for me (about 3 turns already) until a car pulled up behind me then on the 4th time around it finally gave me the dang green arrow to make the left turn.

SecondlyI've learned that riding a motorcycle takes, drains alot out of the body. Especially an out of shape body like mine.
I pulled up to a stop sign and stopped. Was going to make a right turn when I failed at the clutch thing again and the engine crapped out on me. I didn't realize howtired I was,after about 25 minutes of riding, whenall of a sudden my body went sort of numb and the bike felt like it weighed a ton. I toppled over on the right side onto the gravel/grass. Bike's mirrored got scratched...again, 3rd time...3rd drop from a standstill.
Igot up went to lift the bike up and 1st try failed, 2nd try failed, I was like WTF. Haha I had to really use all the power I had to lift it back up. Finally I got it running again. and went straight to in-laws house, straightto the garage. Parked it, got in my car and went home. Camp bike there because i'm selling my house etc etc.

Funny thing waswhenI first got on I was thinking aboutleaving the car at the in laws and riding the bike home after the cruise and then riding it to work later that night. After the ride and the fall I was pretty much beaten and tired as heck.

I neverknew that riding can take that much out of the body being that this is only my 5th/6th time on the bike and my first "REAL" ride (longer than 15 minute) according to me. Every time I get done ridingdoesn't matter if it's 10 minutes ormore I feel like Ihave lost 5lbs.!

Old 08-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Default RE: I graduated !

I hate dealing with lights. I was rideing my friends scooter a while back and couldnt trigger the light so I made a right then a U turn at a big intersection with other cars to change the light for me. after the Uturn a car turn right and was coming up behind me fast, it scared the **** out of me because the scooter was a 49.5cc engine and has no power what so ever. Motorcycles are dangerous but atleast i have plent of power to get out of the way in a hurry, scooters i just have to pray i dont get rear ended.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:51 PM

did a 6 hour spin yesterday, it was a charity run so we had to take our time, by the time I got to where we were going, I was wrecked, my back was in bits and couldnt move either wrist, took off this morning on the return leg by myself as my body couldnt take any more going slow, only took 3 hours that way but now the body is fine but the mind is slowing down, gonna be a fun day in work tomorrow

we dont have any laws over here about the lights, if you miss them you are stuck until a cage shows up behind you, or you can just go through them

Old 08-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Dang 6hrs! Nonstop?

Old 08-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This ride ended up being 9 hours with hundreds and hundreds of turns through the twisties. It takes a lot of conditioning to ride like this but it doesn't take that long if you dedicate yourself to it.

http://socal-sportbikes.com/xmb/view...282&page=1

It was fantastic!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:09 PM

you have dropped your bike 3 times? have you thought about going to a parking lot where you could practice until you get used to the bike? good luck hope you continue to improve.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:43 PM

Hehe,

Yep dropped it <standing still>

Once first time at dealer, 2nd time after I got it home, 3rd time is today at the stop sign.

Kinda tricky the first 2 times. Wasn't used to balancing a bike. 3rd time body was just totally exhausted from the ride.

Haven't dropped it yet while in motion though.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:01 PM

i am not expert but i dont think that makes you and intermediate rider now....

Old 08-26-2007, 04:45 PM

im not trying to dog on your parade, but i dont think intermediate motorcyclist drop their bikes at stop lights unless something happens to make them do it, not just from being tired. id say your still a beginner

Old 08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You haven't graduated from anything yet, be careful out there. This isn't sounding good.

Quick Reply: I graduated !