how much did you pay for your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much did you pay for your bike?

hi there. i am from michigan. i bought my 2008 cbrr 600 like 3 months ago. and i got some stuff added to it before i bought it.
i will post some pictures when i can.
bike was brand new. i got the aftermarket exaust and the LED rear light on it without turn signals stiking out.
it is the flat black with the grafik. they said there is some stuff done to the engine on it. no idea what it is.
anyway, bike is super fast. i payed 12900 for it and with intrest and taxes and plate. it cost me a little more then 16 gran.
i raced with a 1100 gsxrr last week and we where head to head up till 180mph and he got scared and stoped.
my question is... did i pay too much for mine? how much did you pay for your bike? how do i know what was done to my bike?

thanks

Old 06-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Old 06-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Default RE: how much did you pay for your bike?

Welcome to the forum.

You paid WAY tooo much for the bike and it sounds like you need to sell it before you kill yourself. BTW '07 600rr's don't go over 163mph on radar.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:42 PM

welcome to the forum dude, but you sound clueless

first of all, an rr is NOT the bike to start on. i hope for the love of your mother that you at least took a msf course and wear alot of gear. that means helmet, gloves, jacket, boots, and riding pants-jeans are not enough, not for how you ride.but please, please slow it down. if you want to go that fast, take it too the track.

sounds like you got completely ripped off with a bunch of fancy talk and a good salesman. good for him, he got a fat check sittin in the bank. 16k is almost double what you shoulda paid.

now, as far as your engine, nothin was done too it. guaranteed. if there is anything aftermarket about it it might be sprocketed.. means you 1, smaller front sprocket, 2, bigger back sprocket, or 3, both. (this will make you quicker is lower rpms, take away off top rpms) either that or you may have a power commander(pcII) or an a. m. air filter. all a pc is gonna do is smooth out your throttle and add some hp.

end of the story. you got ripped. hope you stay safe and dont kill yourself.

remember this, no matter what you say, there are riders that have been down, and there are riders that are going down
guarantee that

Old 07-01-2008, 04:21 AM

Dude you got ripped like Bob Marley on a lazy saturday.
Seriously, I paid 6400 with the mods in my sig, plus a very nice stand, and a JR jacket with 2k miles on the clock.

I hope you're kidding though, you could have two bikes for what you paid both brand new. [:-]

Old 07-01-2008, 05:09 AM

Uhh....

Where's that BS flag when you need it?

Your bike doesn't do 180, hate to be the one to break it to you. And you paid 2 times what you should have. How's the gixxer forums doing?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 AM

[sm=bs.gif]<- Found it!!! lol

180, yea right!!!! 16g'z you got raped. Sorry dude, cant really put it any other way.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:54 AM

well. not sure what kind of bike you guys have. this is not my first bike. i had like 5 bikes before when i was oversease. i had my last one 1100 gsxrr. that was an awsome bike.
anyway, for sure my bike do 180 . i did 185 in it more then one time. i am not a new rider.

the original price on the bike was 9000. and it was 400 shipping and 400 to assemble it.. and 1500 for the carbon fiber exaust and 500 for the rear light. i got 2 jakets and 2 helmet and one glove and all this bull**** talk he said it is done to the motor. that when the price end up 12900. i knew it might be a little expensive. but i had to get it.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 AM

Okay, so anyway why would a honda dealer do all that stuff to a brand new bike? I paid 9300 OTD for mine and had sliders, a 400 jacket, helmet, and gloves thrown in. After the interest over the 60 months I financed for it's around 12 but be sure I will pay it off way b4 that to avoid almost 3g's in interest. And I have the same tail light, it costs about 90 bucks, not FIVE HUNDRED. And why would they only give you ONE GLOVE????? Anyway, it didn't do 180, if I knew how to throw up that cool BS flag that guy did I would. I ride fast and have only had mine to 155ish, and it took a while even with my exhaust and PCIII. But hey guys, maybe if you leave the dealership and crack it all the way to 6th, it will do 200mph b4 the break in time is over then it reverts to a 163 top speed??? Please, pleasesomeone show me how to put up the BS flag!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you got RAPED.

i paid 8,900 OTD in my truck

you must have the special 12 speed gear box and hyperdrive engine mod.
or maybe a stg. 500 turbo mod.

you just bought that saleman a brand new cbr with how much over you paid.