CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   How many people use their bright lights constantly? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/how-many-people-use-their-bright-lights-constantly-11315/)

Matthew52303 03-27-2006 11:28 PM

How many people use their bright lights constantly?

I figure the more light I can put out the better. What do you guys think.

jmoney600RR 03-27-2006 11:34 PM

RE: How many people use their bright lights constantly?

make sure it is leagal in your state i do it all the time nop probs

city worker 03-27-2006 11:35 PM

Always during the day, at night dim them only at oncomming traffic.

04CBR600RR 03-27-2006 11:46 PM

Me to

ORIGINAL: city worker

13brsxsrr 03-28-2006 12:24 AM

Always on unless flashed by other drivers

cjbettis 03-28-2006 01:41 AM

I run them constantly.....pulled up in front of wall and lowered my brights a little so doesn't blind the crap out of oncoming traffic and raised my lows some...way brighter now

Fretless33 03-28-2006 04:09 AM

I use mental high beams...In other words, I stay very alert...

feedingfrenzy 03-28-2006 07:56 AM

on all the time for me. ive only had one person ever say anything and i dimmed them for him but as soon as he was gone back on full blast they go.

BlindinOrange 03-28-2006 07:59 AM

Ditto

Gmac 03-28-2006 10:29 AM

replaced my bulbs with 80w ones so only need the dipped on as its bright enough - except when filtering I hit the main beam to make the cars aware I am there

philly 03-28-2006 11:27 AM

I put PIAA bulbs in, they're brighter than standard. I mainly use just the main beam.

lang1864 03-28-2006 01:26 PM

I use high all the time. I dont like the look of the single light. plus at night ive only had one vehicle flash his brights at me. So if they do that i turn them down. if not. ON all the time

Fretless33 03-29-2006 12:10 AM

If you want to be official about when motorcycles are suppose to use high beams it's on during the day and off at night...I don't think it's in a biker's best interest to blind approaching traffic with bright lights at night.

NINE2NINE 03-29-2006 12:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

I don't think it's in a biker's best interest to blind approaching traffic with bright lights at night.
i agree 100%.

HighRevver 03-30-2006 01:36 AM

I use it every now and then when necessary, like when someone is coming into the lefthand turn lane and your the only thing i click it on so they notice a bike there and not cut me off.

pearlyella600rr 03-30-2006 02:44 AM

here in the college town i live in, its almost like you have to ride with the brights on, the more your seen the better, its amazing how a sorority girl wont see you while driving a manual honda civic, putting on makeup, changing a cd, and talking on her cell phone....so yeah i drive with my bright on all the time

josho66 03-30-2006 06:47 PM

Same here.

LTVN68 04-01-2006 12:48 AM

Low beams during the day......until I approach a left turning driver trying to turn across my lane or someone trying to pull out onto the my lane from a side street....then I go bright. I figure the change in beams equal motion......equal grab the driver's attention more easily. Just a thought.

jwp6114 04-03-2006 02:10 PM

you have no idea how manny retards around here tell me i got a headlight out, i only use my high beam at night. (scared of draining batery)

bikermike 04-03-2006 02:59 PM

I use my high beam all the time unless a driver prefers otherwise cuz i too had too many people say hey man u got a headlight out..---so frustrating. Im currently working on a fix for this. Im not talkin add a light like most do or convert to HID. Im workin on a plan to have both headlights work like a car. Both on low beams then both sides on high beam. My main problem is finding a compatable dual fialment bulb with the same candle power as the stock high beam light. And then see what problem arises with the different stock reflectors, but my main thing is intensity from low to high so im thinkin if i can find a dual filament bulb i may have a solution. Ill let ya know how i come along with this cuz im sure someone else out there may be willing to do the same thing besided add another light in.