How do i do this??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i do this??

Hey i got a question... im interested in buyin a 2005 cbr600... the only problem is that im 5'6" tall and when i sit on the bike... i cant really reach the ground that well with both my feet.... so i have two question... 1) is it necessary to have both feet flat on the ground when you sit on the bike. and 2) Ive heard that lowering a bike is very unsafe... what are some safe ways to lower a bike so that i could possibly get both feet flat on the ground? thanks!

Old 09-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Default RE: How do i do this??

Sorry Dude, but there's people shorter than you riding the RR and never thought about lowering it...ones a girl in SoCal that use to race her RR, she's 5' 4"

With all due respect, if you have to ask a question like "is it necessary to have both feet flat on the ground when you sit on the bike," you might not want to consider the RR...is this your first bike? The F4i might be a better choice being that the seat height is lower...even my 5' tall 90 LB wife was able to pick that bike up and balance it

You can lower the suspension a tad, but not much to make a difference, but I'd recommend not worrying about getting both feet flat on the ground while on the RR and consider finding another bike that is right for you...

Just my 0.2 cents

Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 AM

I agree Fretless33 I'm a short rider as well, well anyway probably the only thing you can do is shave your seat, i havent dont it but its a suggestion.....

Old 09-16-2005, 02:29 PM

There is a guy that I ride with has a Gixxer 1000 and he is around 5.5 and he can drive that faster then most taller guys but he knows how to ride if you are new to the game maybe get something older that has a lower seat hight to start on my .02 but I do love my 05 RR it's cherry