How to change rear fender on 600RR????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to change rear fender on 600RR????

Just got the bike... and I wanna get rid of the damn fender... how do I take it off?
-Matt

Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Default RE: How to change rear fender on 600RR????

take off the rear cowl and take off your blinkers...basic after that all you gotta do is look

Old 09-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Retired Administrator

In order to get to the bolts that hold the fender on, you have to remove the front seat. You can pull up on the padding in the back a little to remove the bolts for the seat then it slides back and off. The back seat of course is removed by the key. Then you have to remove the tail fairing to get to the bolts. The tail wraps around the bike so you need to be careful. You have to pull out on the bottom of the sides to slide it off the frame. Also, on the left side you'll have to disconnect the wiring for your tail light and signals. What do you plan to do for license plate and signals mount?

Old 09-17-2005, 12:01 AM

I bought a set of rear blinks and i took everything apart to find the bolt did not go thru the stock turn singles hole, not happy im now spending 100$ on a kit so that i dont have to f with it anymore. and now im riding around without blinks or plate make sure you know what you have going on before ripping things apart

Old 09-17-2005, 01:25 AM

just take off your back seat and front seat, its about 6 actual allen bolts. Then there are 4 pushpin things, just push the inside of the pin and they pop up. once you undo that it slides back a lil bit. like 1/4 inch. then you just lift it up and disconnect the brake light. I took mine off again yesterday to do the competition werkes fender kill kit. I havent had any plate or blinkers for 5 months, nice to not worry about gettin pulled over for it anymore.

Then theres just 4 10mm bolts holding that whole bracket on. Unplug all the connectors on the left side under the back seat and you are good to go. you wont have a plate mount or anything. I reccomend a premade kit, i was surprised at the good fitment of the CW kit, even tho instructions are so/so. I love how every wire is WHITE in the kit, no positive or ground, just touch the contacts and make sure the LED polarity is right for the plate light.

Theres about 20 different kits, just go with what you like the best. I have pics of the tail without the whole plastics on, but not the actual contact points