Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There it is.

Attached Thumbnails Hot pink fairings... that glitter-2011-06-21_09.30.02.jpg  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:21 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Damn man, there is one more path you can take with that.

you can do a sex change.....lol

for time being wear a wig under the helmet so people think its a chick riding it. i feel bad for you bro.

white is a great color for a bike. my next one, i will paint it white with red.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:27 PM

Wow - are you getting a crazy deal on it or something?

I'd be honest, i'd probably pull those off - sell the fairings and buy an aftermarket set of your choosing. I'm sure you'd either break even or get plenty close to it.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Wow - are you getting a crazy deal on it or something?

I'd be honest, i'd probably pull those off - sell the fairings and buy an aftermarket set of your choosing. I'm sure you'd either break even or get plenty close to it.
Agreed, the price you are going to pay for a good paint job will be about 800 if not more. Unless you are doing a rattle can job (nothing against it), I'd buy a fairing set from ebay that will set you back about 500 then on your own try to sell the pink fairings or sand and primer them for resale. Ebay and the Hong Kong/China manufacturers have some nice paint schemes, just look at my sig....

Old 06-26-2011, 09:21 PM
August 2011 ROTM

man.... yep that fairings gotta go

Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 PM

I dunno, I kindda like it actually. Put a black carbon fiber vinyl decal kit on it and maybe a custom tribal design from the same material. Would look pretty sweet! Cost would be like $40 and a couple hours work.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:00 PM

Yeah, wearing a wig was one of my ultimatums but i canned the idea after i thought about it.
Those are some good ideas but i think im gonna just go with the sure thing. After I hit sand and crashed my ninja i repaired the scratched fairings and repainted it (with a spray gun) and you cant even tell it was in an accident so I'll probably just paint over barbie glitter.

I should have seen it coming, The first time I went to go take a look at the bike, I swung my leg over the seat. As I did that I hear several beeps followed by "nice bike ******!" lmao Im not gonna bull **** anyone it was comical.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 PM

Wouldn't the glitter distort your paint?

Old 06-26-2011, 10:26 PM

Yeah It probably would, but im going to sand it down, prime etc. It should look pretty good. I think white in general looks wicked sweet so thats what color im going with.

Does anyone know of a particular white that really turns heads or should I should wing it and get a plain white?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Awilkinson91
Yeah It probably would, but im going to sand it down, prime etc. It should look pretty good. I think white in general looks wicked sweet so thats what color im going with.

Does anyone know of a particular white that really turns heads or should I should wing it and get a plain white?

Sounds like you have a bit of painting experience, so I think repainting it yourself will definitely be the best option.

I'm a big fan of white bikes , I didn't paint mine, so I'm not sure exactly what white was used. If you have access to mixing to car manufacturers paint codes, I really like Subaru's Aspen White, it's a really bright white. Also, I think someone on here used a White Pearl paint code that Lexus uses and it looked great.

Quick Reply: Hot pink fairings... that glitter