hollow vs full pucks slider

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hollow vs full pucks slider

i'm looking into a buying a quality pair but i haven't seen any info on this: which are better recommended, the hollow pucks like vortex, shogun, sato etc, or the full pucks like woodcraft? i was leaning towards woodcraft because i have their spool sliders and wanted to check in on opinion of both or see if theres anything that absorbs impact and slides better.
also are fork sliders and axle sliders (i saw these on motovation site) recommended? thanks!

Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Default RE: hollow vs full pucks slider

get vortex, if you do end up going down all you need to get is the puck, which is 17 bucks, instead of the whole kit for another brand which will be about 60-80.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:23 PM

Sliders bearly protect anything anyway just fyi they should keep your bike from needing panels replaced but 9 out of 10 they will not protect it from getting scratches on it..... ps scratches more like deep cuts into your plastic which to me is just as bad but at least you dont HAVE to buy new plastic your bike is just a little uglyer now. Only way to realy protect from most scratches is full frame slider cage but then your bike is pretty ugly from the get go lol. good luck and I agree with last post get the ones that are cheaper expinsive sliders kinda defeat the purpose of saving money when and aBIG when you wreck in the first place.. ppss getcheap onesas long as they look nice enough.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: jchavers_2000

Sliders bearly protect anything anyway just fyi they should keep your bike from needing panels replaced but 9 out of 10 they will not protect it from getting scratches on it..... ps scratches more like deep cuts into your plastic which to me is just as bad but at least you dont HAVE to buy new plastic your bike is just a little uglyer now. Only way to realy protect from most scratches is full frame slider cage but then your bike is pretty ugly from the get go lol.
You obviously have no clue what frame sliders are for. The purpose of frame sliders are to protect your engine and frame, NOT your fairings! Riding a bike with messed up fairings is better than not being able to ride at all cuz of a messed up engine. Full frame slider cagesagainmainly to protect your frame, NOT just yourfairings.

good luck and I agree with last post get the ones that are cheaper expinsive sliders kinda defeat the purpose of saving money when and aBIG when you wreck in the first place.. ppss getcheap onesas long as they look nice enough.
He's not saying get cheaper sliders, he's saying get ones so that when you have to replace, you don't need to get a new set of sliders, simply the slider puck (which is cheap). If you get cheap sliders, and just for looks, then you're gonna be really dissappointedwhen you drop your bike cuz you'll probablyhave to shell out more $$ to fix everything. Spend a little more on propersliders now, andyou'll save a lot later. jchavers, you should really get your facts straight before youmake suggestions to people otherwise you're gonna begiving bad, and wrong, info as in this case.

Now to answer your question, I'd get the 2-piece sliders like ace said, and for those reasons.Whatever you do get,make sure it's a quality set made of good materials.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:29 AM

ok,i wasnt sureabout the lenghth but ordered regularvortex.i can live with a few scratches on fairings as long as the frameand engine block are spared from damage. thanks.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In most cases, your fairings will be spared. My bike fell over (long story), and the only thing that happened was the rear seat cowl as scuffed up a bit on the edge. If my sliders stuck out just a tad bit more (like the Vortex ones), I don't believe any damage would have happened to it.

But yeah, dragoniums comments were spot on. Still can't figure out the logic behind that other comment.[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 AM

i would say there the same.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:54 PM

i just ordered some vortex and ive heard nothing but good reviews on em. If you want full protection get some swingarm sliders to, im debating to go generic on those

Old 03-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Frame sliders would help you not to get scratches on your fairring and protect the frame and engine. But in the impact of a crash doesnt matter what sliders you got , your bike is toast. People say whats good and whats not. It all depends how bad you lowside your bike and the impact it took. I think every lil bit helps to protect your bike. Get what your pocket can afford.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:53 AM

i second what Sabor600rr said...

Quick Reply: hollow vs full pucks slider