Hmm What Parts do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hmm What Parts do I need?

i asked about 4x4s because they are into steel out the *** protecting everything. just stop dropping your bike. if you haven't taken the motorcycle safety course yet, take it. get as much riding in on those little 250cc cruisers as you can, because those are a lot more forgiving, and if you do drop one, they were already expecting you to. but seriously - if youre that new, you should practice on something other than an 07 600rr. that's like learning to drive in a viper. oops i fishtailed! oops i locked up the tires! i've had my bike for 2 months and i've put 3000 miles on it, and i was pretty clumsy at first. after 2500 miles, i dumped it in a cul de sac. so i'm not saying it can't happen and you will avoid everything if you practice, but you really help your odds. if you haven't put new plastics on it yet, just leave it. scratched plastics make great sliders ..but seriously though - frame sliders and swingarm spools are a safe bet, but don't fix the scratches till youre completely comfortable.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:39 AM

and being you're 5'2, that makes a little more sense. hopefully you're not trying to touch both feet on the ground at a stop - thatll never work. the best thing you can do is keep a foot on the right footpeg/rear brake pedal, and tiptoe with your left foot. i'm 5'5, so i deal with the same problems, only not to the same degree, but there's a guy around here who is about 5'3, and he does just fine on an r1. you could get some shoes with really thick soles (seriously - i reach better in work boots than tennis shoes), or you could lower your bike. do lots of reading before you decide to lower it though. how much do you weigh anyway?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:59 AM

<---Fat 180lbs. Hopefully with the bike after some months back to 130!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:04 AM

the reason i ask is, if you lower your bike, you're losing suspension travel. if you leave the stock suspension settings, you're more likely to bottom out, especially if you're heavy or your carry cargo or a passenger. if you tune your suspension to be stiffer so you don't bottom out, you'll have to deal with a rougher ride. however, lots of people lower their bikes an inch or two and say it rides fine, so maybe you've really got to be an experienced rider to notice the difference. maybe not - i dunno. silly question, but are you a guy or girl?

Old 08-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Hehe I'd die if I was girl 5'2" at 180lbs. That's too fat!

Old 08-06-2007, 02:23 PM

or youd have some tig ol bitties anyway