Hmm What Parts do I need?

Old 08-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm What Parts do I need?

Hello everyone,

I am curious what parts do I need to keep the bike safe?
After reading some of the posts, all oveer the place, I found I need:

Most importantly Slider Kit
U Lock and Chain Lock

Anything else to protect the bike?

Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hmm What Parts do I need?

The #1 most IMPORTANT thing you are forgetting is FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE with Theft coverage.

This alone will make sure that even if I go over and kick your bike down when you aren't looking, you are still covered.

But yes...Frame sliders are a must as well.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:44 PM

If you want you can get a nice alarm for your bike and maybe even a gps tracking for the bike

Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 AM

Ah yes the gps thingy would be nice but don't you have to pay a monthly service fee for it?

Got the full coverage insurance, yep, it was required for the loan I took out on it. $40 a mos thru State Farm Ins.

So pretty much just full coverage ins, sliders, gps?

The alarm thingy sucks...goes off when it wants to and doesn't work too well in my car either...never around when it goes off with sonic vibrations from any noise, wind, etc.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Kikn

Ah yes the gps thingy would be nice but don't you have to pay a monthly service fee for it?

Got the full coverage insurance, yep, it was required for the loan I took out on it. $40 a mos thru State Farm Ins.

So pretty much just full coverage ins, sliders, gps?

The alarm thingy sucks...goes off when it wants to and doesn't work too well in my car either...never around when it goes off with sonic vibrations from any noise, wind, etc.
Some gps trackingdevice you may need to pay monthly fee's it will also helpreduce your insurance fee's as well

Old 08-06-2007, 03:06 AM

swingarm sliders, bar-ends, frame sliders, jacket, pants, boots, gloves, helmet, alarm system, gps tracking/lo-jack, full coverage, bright lights, reflective clothing, but most importantly, GOOD RIDING SKILLS AND COMMON SENSE. all those precautions are great, and i highly recommend them, but just because your car has bumpers and airbags doesn't mean you need to use them. ride safely, get lots of practice, pay attention, don't ride beyond your means (if it seems dangerous, it probably is), don't ride with groups that ride unsafely or too close, and don't let anybody set your pace. if you try to keep up with someone else, you're asking for trouble. that covers safe riding. now for common sense. if you leave your bike parked out under the covered parking at your apartment complex, it WILL get stolen. it's just a matter of time. if you don't have your own garage, bring it inside, rent a garage, or rent a storage unit. if you're at the bowling alley or a restaurant or something, most of those establishments are really nice about letting you park up on the curb by the door, because if you park in well-lit, high traffic areas, people are less likely to mess with your bike. if you're at a bar or something, don't draw attention to your bike either, or some drunken idiot will end up throwing his leg over it and knocking it down. that covers common sense.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:00 AM

I just saw a web link from the photos area that led to PowerWorx Cage, Power Rails, etc.

Should I get regular slider kit or go with the Power Rail or the Power Cage, which of the 3 is best? I'm liking the Rails.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:09 AM

dont fall down! lol ....are you into 4x4's?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 AM

Nope too pricey and dirty too.

I droppedmy 07 cbr600rronce 15 minutes after I got it out the door of the dealer sitting on it and an hour later 1 more time at home. Lucky for me both time was while I was stationary. Haven't dropped it yet while riding.

Kinda new at it and not use to the weight and balance yet, also being only 5'2".

Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 AM

By the sounds of it you should

1. get you legs extended, yes it's possible but some what painful and a slow process
2. air bags
3. consider buying a pocket bike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hmm What Parts do I need?