hey im a newbie and i really need help..!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hey im a newbie and i really need help..!

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

What kills me about this forum is questions like this don't get flamed! Y'all are just too nice around here [sm=grinangel.gif]

Any modern sport bike is "fast and powerful" and I guarantee they'll all be more than you can ever handle...seriously!

If you're on the fence about a 750 because you think it might be faster, I've heard it put this way..."It's perfect if you want a bike with all the weight of a liter bike only less power. And handles as well as a 600 but double the insurance. yeah. I'd totally buy a 750."

No offense, but I pray that you don't become a statistic about young sport bike riders, because if all you got into motorcycling for is to ride "fast and powerful" motorcycles, you got a lot to learn. I can see your next thread coming...how can I get more horsepower...anyone put nitrous/a turbo on their bike...

Sorry guys, but I really had to use restraint and hit the backspace key many times on this thread...
cracks me up fretless. i personally decided not to respond because someone like that is way past the point of persuasion. he will get the biggest, baddest bike out there and enjoy it for the 2 days before he hits a minivan at 110 ending his suffering from the dreaded disease known as badassitis. be carefull and stay away from people like this. the disease is contagious.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:02 PM

Hello everyone,
I know I'm just a newbie but I Just dont Understand? I have been riding for over 15 years and don't understand what the big deal about having the fastest bike is all about. I have owned all kinds of bikes from a honda 50 to my Repsol. I have rode cross country on my BMW and also explored track days on an R6. What I cant figure out is that in all of the years, I have always found someone faster or more expierenced no matter what size the bike. I have always been told Racing street bikes is more a mental game than anything else.
Repsol1

Old 12-28-2005, 01:29 AM
Muz

I think its all about the image. Probably watched biker boyz and now wants to have the fastest, baddest bike in town

Old 12-28-2005, 11:12 AM

lol^^^ i just bought my cbr 06 rr and couldnt be happier its my first bike and i know i made the right choice

Old 12-29-2005, 01:02 AM

that silver was a sweet color in the show room but i could not stay away from the orange

Old 12-29-2005, 05:45 AM

hey buddy, theres a real good saying....."you got to crawl before you can walk" well hows this,.. you get your 06 hyabusa and any one of these guys on the board will stomp you. Infact fellas I am first to race him for pinks got it?? bro it aint the bike its the rider if you dont know what your doing your as good as dead. so once you get your "biggest and fastest bike" lets go for pinks against my 05 600rr I need a lil extra easy cash. moron you will be a statistic with that attitude and hope all the tickets you get are in my town atleast the cops will be making their quota. My 600 has topped out at 165 thats when I said whats 5 mph more ganna be what ever I did 170 woo hhooo (sarcastically) I really dont need to go anyfaster the 80mph(on the street)

Old 12-29-2005, 05:05 PM

did I miss something...didn't he just ask if 600 was faster than 600?

Old 12-29-2005, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: cjbettis

did I miss something...didn't he just ask if 600 was faster than 600?
It's more or less the series of questions for me:

Is the 600 faster than a 750?

How fast is the 600

I'm a newbie and want a bike that's fast and powerful

Old 12-30-2005, 01:17 AM

You know guys, ive been on a 600 for about a year now so i think im ready to step up........... hhhhhmmm the 06 busa has a real nice pearl white paint scheme, hhhhhmmm

Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 AM

ORIGINAL: chillin

You know guys, ive been on a 600 for about a year now so i think im ready to step up........... hhhhhmmm the 06 busa has a real nice pearl white paint scheme, hhhhhmmm
trying to start something, huh? I think they are ugly as heck, but do want to ride one, at least once.

why not the 1000RR instead?

Quick Reply: hey im a newbie and i really need help..!