Hey guys some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys some feedback

Ok so here is a pic of my bike as it sits, it is a 2003 600rr I bought the bike used bone stock with about 2800 miles on it since then I have a total of just over 6100 miles on it and love the bike I just recently painted my lowers not a flat like the 05's but i went with a semi gloss and it came out real good no runs or blotches I used the how to paint 101 topic of the forum, I am looking now into some performance stuff Id like to do a chain and sprocket on the bike and maybe a Power Commander over the winter. I am thinking going -1+2. The bike is 16/43 now so end up at 15/45, Everything I have ever had is all low end grunt, I dont ride much highway with the bike, just to work, and go riding with the guys so i do a lot backroads corner to corner, I have checked out the search option a lot and seems from the guys who run the -1+2 they love it. Anyways thanks for a great forum guys and I am also looking for other suggestions on things to do to the bike, I have also contemplated maybe painting the whole bike and just going with a semi gloss all around anyone ever seen in person a flat or semi glossed paintjob on a bike, I wonder if it would look good? But any other suggestions you may have I am open to

[IMG]local://upfiles/29504/610AE4C5C784474B8B52E7E14A58E13B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Default RE: Hey guys some feedback

No real reason to go power commander unless you do an exhaust or filter or something that will change your fuel/air etc. A lot of people like the spocket change, a speedohealer might be something to look into as well.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:36 PM

I went -1 on my 03 rr and i like, it wasn't too noticable, so i think -1/+2 would be nice.

and if you paint is still good, I would leave it glossy black, i think all flat black bikes look kinda like beeters (all the ones that come to mind are stunted out f4is)

Old 09-21-2008, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

I went -1 on my 03 rr and i like, it wasn't too noticable,
That's suprising since going -1 infront is about the same as going +3 in the rear.

BlackRR- Lower fairing looks good.

Is your exhaust a slip-on or full system?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: tomp

ORIGINAL: Gville George

I went -1 on my 03 rr and i like, it wasn't too noticable,
That's suprising since going -1 infront is about the same as going +3 in the rear.

BlackRR- Lower fairing looks good.

Is your exhaust a slip-on or full system?
It is the full, I love the two brothers it was on when i bought the bike and I also have the original whole setup off the bike

Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 PM

^^ Get yourself a PC3 an Airfilter and a custom map (dynoed) and you'll be set up pretty well. Going -1/+2 will give you more acceleration but kill your top end. You'll probably never see top end anyways.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:34 PM

Nice bike... powder coat that swing arm and engine covers texture black to match the frame, and you'll have the full black out...

Get a 520 conversion kit if you get a new chain... www.motomummy.com was good for that... I got a full black kit for about $180, RGK chain and Driven hardened aluminum sprockets...all black, looks nice...

Old 09-22-2008, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: tomp

^^ Get yourself a PC3 an Airfilter and a custom map (dynoed) and you'll be set up pretty well. Going -1/+2 will give you more acceleration but kill your top end. You'll probably never see top end anyways.
Ya I know the top end deal I race snocross and hillclimbs on snowmachines and ever my sled for the trail has the same gearing as my race sled stock on my 960 big bore was 26/43 and i ended at 20/45 so ya top speed doesn't concern me so much i read somewhere on here someone had -1+2 on a 600rr and only lost 10mph on top ill probably never even see that anyway we all do the tight and twisties no straigh lines

What do you recomend for an airfilter I read a post where someone was saying Hondas stock was the best and it flowed better than a K&N I run a company called UNI or Kickass filters on the snow but was going to look into a k&N for the bike would that be the best option?

As for the chain and sprockets I was going to go gold chain to break up the calipers a little and black sprockets or think all black would be the way to go?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:25 PM

What kind of budget do you have? Obviously the more money the faster we can make this go

I agree though...powdercoat everything...that would look real nice on that bike. Performance...do the gearing...then go after exhaust, airfilter, PC.. Do we have money leftover? Suspension...steel braided brake lines,

God the list is endless

Nice bike BTW !! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-22-2008, 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

What kind of budget do you have? Obviously the more money the faster we can make this go

I agree though...powdercoat everything...that would look real nice on that bike. Performance...do the gearing...then go after exhaust, airfilter, PC.. Do we have money leftover? Suspension...steel braided brake lines,

God the list is endless

Nice bike BTW !! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Well I mean there is no set budget obviously I want to wait for winter for some things while there is a lot of downtime, But i am going to order my chain and sprocket now I still dont know gold chain or black chain though, I was thinking maybe if I did my chain gold do my rearset gold but I dont know I am so used to everything black/silver or black/white or all black, I did the two brothers so the exhaust is done, powdercoating parts will probably wait till the bike is down for winter, I could do the PC3 and filter now but want to check out some topics on filters, and over winter also I definetly want to go all stainless brake lines front and back and also what do you guys think for plugs and wires I have sworn my NGK in all my race applications and since I can get a break on the price haha, but any other things you guys have in mind?

Appreciate everything by the way guys