Hey guys, bad news....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, bad news....

Hey, not sure if u guys remember my bike. I've not been on here in ages but i have the Blue and white 07 600RR and have been in the ROTM nominations etc a few times.... I'm actually in New Zealand at the moment for five months doing conservation workthen after here going to australia for a month after here so i've not been able to ride for a while and wont get to until next year, but the day before i came out to Nz i layed my bike down damage is to the front end and i think just fairing damage but it's going to cost me 2000pounds to repair at my local honda dealer... I'll be doing it myself so it should be cheaper but still annoyed that i cant just get back home and ride straight away... I also thought about streetfighterin' it but i dont think that's possible and also that'd just totally ruin the way my gorgeous bike is meant to look....

I fractured my shoulder bone and bruised my pelvis and ribs and it took 3 weeks for me to start feelin better but i'm sorta back to normal now. It was the morning before i was due to fly out here and i was on my way back from my girlfriends house after saying goodbye, It was wet and my tires were cold, I went over a crest in the road slightly too fast and my bike lost grip, i did my best to slow down but there was no way i was staying on it... i ended up on the opposite side of the road andthe bike layed down and slid acrossthe grass and i bounced my shoulder off a brick wall, i did a front flip over the bike and we both slid down the road for about 20m then stopped.... i got straight back up and was fine but i think if there was any traffic on the road i wouldnt be here today so i'm pretty lucky i guess. Anyways not sure if this makes sense but just thought i'd share my story with you guys. I miss keeping up to date with the site

Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Default RE: Hey guys, bad news....

I def. remember your bike, so I'm sorry to hear the bad news! I think you are making the right choice though by not turning it into a street fighter and fixing it up right. Just so you know, you def. have not been the only member down over the last few months. Sounds like you made it out of there fairly well though.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 PM

Damn that sucks, Fix 'er up and get back on the road

Old 10-24-2008, 09:55 PM

I remember you and your bike. Sorry to hear the news. I wish you the best of luck for you and the bike too.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:07 AM

Sorry to hear Karl!! ..Take your time heal up properly and fix her up right. In due time she'll be looking sexy again. Glad to hear you walked away from it.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh hell yes i remember that RR!!!! awesome looking bike, and no doubt it will be awesome looking AGAIN! take your time, heal up, RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE AGAIN!!!!

take care, brother.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:11 PM

At least it wasn't front end damage to your face. Glad to hear you're making a recovery and for whats its worth I would put it back to stock.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:27 PM

im pretty new here and had my small experience with going down with my bike. it was low speeds and i came out without a scratch, but i thank my lucky stars. hope to a speedy recovery for you. also stock rocks.....i would def restore your bike back to how it was especially since its pretty new bike.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:17 PM

Sorry to hear about the crash Karl.

Your bike is one of my favorite stock color schemes (unfortunately we don't get that color combination in the states)
Heal up good, I'm glad you fared relatively unscathed for having bounced off a brick wall.

Take your time to fix her up right... you'll be back in the saddle before you know it.

Quick Reply: Hey guys, bad news....