In Helmet Walkies Talkie systems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Helmet Walkies Talkie systems...

OK guys, I have a delema. I am looking for a 2 way, in helmet, walkie talkie system for me and my friend. Now, I've done some research and I have found that you need to buy a walkie talkie system, and then a motorcycle mount, so it seems. Now, I have been looking at the Midland GXT-800VP4 (7 Channels) 2-Way Radio and it seems that it is pretty darn good for what I am looking for, and on ebay, the manufacture is selling the bike mount. Any suggestions?

Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Default RE: In Helmet Walkies Talkie systems...

chatter box instead.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:51 AM

get the chatterbox...but whatever you do, DO NOT give the other to your wife/girlfriend who's riding on the back because they will talk and talk and talk and talk. My wife wanted me to get one for us and i nicely replied NOT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL WOMAN

Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 AM

lmao

Old 09-19-2007, 07:32 AM

*****! Nice man. I'm getting it for me and my buddy for when we go riding together. But I think we need 2 of them if we are to communicate together, right? So, Chatterbox? OK, question, I looked up the Chatterbox and its a pricey little mother f***er, but, that's not my problem. My problem is, mounting. Where does it mount? It says the side of the helmet, eww, no way, side of the helmet is bad ju ju for me me. Can it be mounted anywhere else? Also, which system should I go with? There are like a couple of different choices to go with, which should I choose?

Old 09-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no not really, because it has an earpiece that run up under it to your ear. it is velcro and clipped on so its still removable if you 2 helmets and wnna switch out. the X2 has a 2 mile radius and works fine, because im thinking if you dont hear me youre too far back so catch up. lol. but they have ones that have a 10 mile radius.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:08 PM

what is your response in reference to? I don't understand.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry pic it was to your post prior to mine. i just start typing stuff. anyways the chatterbox mounts to the side of the helmet with a clip and velcro. have never seen it clipped to anything else. and it is removable also incase you dont want to wear it. anyways the chatterbox frs x2 has a 2 mile radius. so you can talk to your buddy as long as you are 2 miles apart. the newest one the x1 has a 10 mile radius. so that is when i said if we cut off then your are 2 miles behind and need to catch up. when we ride we rarely get seperated but for the times we do the chatterbox is great. hope this clears some things up.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Since there's not much help in answering your mounting question, yes, you can mount it to the helmet, but I believe it has a belt clip too. (just open a box at a local cycle gear and check it out)

Old 09-22-2007, 12:40 AM

Sorry, Chatterbox is garbage. Unusable at freeway speeds.

This is more expensive, but works exceptionally well:
http://www.autocomamerica.com/super_pro_avi.cfm

I have one unit on each of my motorcycles. I use Kenwood TK3101 radios.

Quick Reply: In Helmet Walkies Talkie systems...